I. Purpose of the Job:
The Campus Pastor provides strategic leadership and spiritual shepherding for Victory’s multi-site campuses. To build, grow, and pastor the local campus site.
II. Experience and Knowledge Required:
• Ability to pastor peopleo Build meaningful relationships
o Care for people
o Disciple people
o Train people
o Develop leaders
o Help people realize and reach their full potential
o Experience in problem solving
• Ability to lead others
o Organization/management of leadership teams
o Present vision to leadership/church
o Continually developing and increasing circle of influence with people
o Lead by serving others
o Delegate well
o Effectively build and maintain healthy teams
• Ability to communicate to tribe
o Comfortable in front of people
o Speak clearly and intentionally
o Help guests feel welcomed and comfortable
o Present Victory purpose and vision clearly
o Communicate effectively in large and small settings
III. Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
A. Lead and Direct Local Campus Staff & Tribe
• Providing ongoing leadership and development to the staff of local Campus
• Lead and develop Serve Team Leaders
• Recruit, lead and develop Small Group Leaders
• Have campus facility opened and prepped for services and events
• Facilitate all weekend services and prep for the weekend
• Review order of service for coming weekend
• Be available for appointments (counseling, pre-marital, etc.)
• Oversee KNOW Victory & BE Victory and assimilate tribe to NEXT STEPS
• Participate in general pastoral duties when required (i.e.: weddings, funerals, pastoral care, hospital visits, crisis, counseling, etc.)
• Help plan, staff and implement all special events for the campus
• Handle multiple projects effectively
• Manage and execute a budget for the campus
• All other duties as assigned
B. Meeting Schedule
• Weekly Local Campus staff meeting
• Weekly Campus Pastors call & meeting
• Weekly ‘Sunday-Rehearsal/Ready’ meeting
• Monthly All-Staff meeting
• Monthly Senior Leadership Team meeting
• Any other meetings as needed
• Catalytic Leader: Able to rally people to a cause.
• Pastor: Has a heart to identify leaders and build systems to care for the tribe.
• Team Builder: Can build teams and identify high capacity leaders to build more teams.
• Relational Leader: Friendly and approachable.
• Talent Scout: Always on the lookout for new leaders and volunteers.
• Total Quality Manager: Looking for ways to improve; sensitive to misses; committed to excellence.
• Communicator: The primary host, greeter and vision-carrier of this congregation.
• Cheerleader: Encouraging volunteers and staff constantly.
• Carrier of the DNA: When you cut them, they bleed the mission, vision and values of Victory Church.
• Solution Specialist: Able to identify problems and find solutions.
• Staff Champion: Cares for the spiritual, emotional, and familial health of campus staff.
• Reproducer: With the entire staff, reproduces leaders, followers of Christ, and campuses.
• Known: Is involved in the community
• Learner: Can take direction and feedback well and has a great desire to learn.
• Conflict Resolver: Unafraid to tackle interpersonal conflicts, ministry misalignment, or issues of sin.
• Leader at Home: No concerning spiritual or emotional health issues within his family.
• Time Manager: Does not require external systems to prioritize; is intrinsically motivated.
• Person of Integrity: At the core, they make solid decisions based on life-long values.
• Self-Aware Individual: Knows where he is weak—finds others to fill in those gaps.
• Disciple: Fully-devoted to following Jesus in everything they do.
V. Physical Demands:
To learn more about Victory Church, visit our website at victorychurch.org! To apply for this position, please visit victorychurch.org/nowhiring and
download the application for employment. Mail the completed application along with your resume to email@example.com.