Where We Are Located:
Stayton is a bedroom community of 10,000, including our sister town Sublimity, located 20 minutes east of Salem, Oregon. We enjoy the outdoors in hunting, fishing, camping, boating, skiing and hiking. We are located 90 minutes from the city of Portland,
the beaches of the Oregon coast and skiing in the Cascade mountain range. We are a rural community with a wide range of people and families that make up our church. Foothills has a broad spectrum of professionals, from farmers to financial planners. Also,
our church body contains a very diverse mix of religious and denominational backgrounds.
https://subsplash.com/foothillssermons/app, www.foothillsstayton.org, www.facebook.com/foothillsstayton, www.instagram.com/foothillschurch
- The Worship Pastor is chiefly responsible for the worship experience at Foothills Church. This experience is mainly focused on all adult worship services and includes overseeing our multipurpose room as a space conducive for authentic and passionate worship
of Jesus Christ.
- Bachelors Degree, preferred.
- Disciples people: routinely calls individuals and groups into stronger faith in Jesus.
- Team facilitator, who recruits, builds and disciples team members.
- Plan, organize, and carry out musical, technological, administrative, and creative elements including preparation of media and implementing it during worship to support primary text, topic, and practical application.
- Tech savvy and able to use the latest tools to assist in his job.
- Lead by example, organize, rehearse as needed, and equip volunteer vocalists & instrumentalists for leading worship.
- Provides oversight of the multipurpose room as a space conducive for worship.
- Oversees repairing and improving all sound, lighting, and audio/visual equipment in the multipurpose room.
- Carries out additional responsibilities dependent on gifting and upon direction of the Lead Pastor.
- Collaborates with the church staff and is a team player.
- Is a worship resource for all ministries of Foothills.
- Has a vibrant personal relationship with Jesus that overflows in a lifestyle consistent with 1 Timothy 3 and Titus.
- Models a balance between family life, personal life and ministry.
- Agrees with the doctrine, covenant, mission statement of Foothills and champions them.
- Has years of experience leading worship for large gatherings of adults.
- Can disciple a broad range of people and develops leaders who do the same.
- Prays regularly for the church and sees prayer as a critical part of life of the church.
- Striver of Excellence, dedicated to preparation not performance.
- Communicator, able to instruct and guide the congregation in corporate worship.
The Vision of Foothills Church:
We continually cultivate a missional heart and have a vision of "becoming a whole church for the broken world." All in all, we are a healthy church with some clear ideas of our strengths, weaknesses and where we are heading.
Some People Who Influence Us:
Jesus, Paul David Tripp, Reggie Joiner, Chap Clark, Erwin McManus, Matt Chandler, John Piper, Tim Keller, Gerry Breshears, Donald Miller, Robert Lewis, Kara Powell, John Eldredge, Wayne Grudem, Tim Mackie, John Maxwell, Henry Blackaby and C.S. Lewis.
Some Tools We Use
Apple Products, Pro Presenter, Planning Center, Keynote, Biblical Eldership by Strauch, Robert Lewis’ Men's Fraternity/33 the Series, North Point’s 252 Basics, Orange, The Gospel Project for Youth, Association of Certified Biblical Counselors, Leading From
Your Strengths, The Bible Project.
Type of Songs we Sing in our Gatherings
Tomlin, Matt Maher, Crowder, All Sons and Daughters, Hymns old and modernized. Complete list of songs we’ve used from July ’17 thru June ’18 can be found here: https://tinyurl.com/FoothillsWorshipSongs
The 3 Things We Need From You:
- A resume with a picture of you (and family if applicable)
- A short written paper that includes:
• Answer briefly why Foothills Church interests you enough to send us your resume.
• Also, tell us briefly about your perspective on leadership, your thoughts about the last book you read and the name of your favorite TV show.
• Include five of your favorite bands/artists including one new artist from the last year.
• Links to your website, blog, Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.
• Read chapter four of Dangerous Calling by Paul Tripp, please share your thoughts on the importance of pastoral heart care and how you have worked through some of the questions in the chapter with an accountability partner and the leadership of your church.
- A video (preferred) of you leading worship (a link, .mp4, .mov) or a mp3 of the same.
Please send the above information to email@example.com.