Human Resources and Payroll Specialist
Mt. Bethel United Methodist Church is currently recruiting for a Human Resources and Payroll Specialist at their East Cobb Marietta location.
The Human Resources and Payroll Specialist has the primary responsibility for processing payroll, maintaining employee records, coordinating employee benefits and managing all Human Resources functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and inputs payroll data. Uses an automated payroll processing company (Paycom) to produce accurate and timely payroll for +/- 300 employees.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Maintains all employee and personnel documentation in employee files.
- Distributes and monitors employee performance evaluations and ensures they are done in a timely manner.
- Coordinates employee benefits administration with insurance carriers and communicates plan information to employees.
- Responds to employee questions regarding payroll and benefits.
- Produces all required tax documentation and reporting.
- Manages onboarding process for new employees.
- Coordinates process for any employee terminations.
Reports to the Chief Financial Officer
- 3 or more years of hands-on payroll experience.
- 5 or more years of Human Resources experience.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- SHRM Certification Helpful
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Good communications skills and the ability to explain details to employees.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material.
- Ability to lead and coordinate processes such as benefit enrollment and performance evaluations.
- Strong work ethic for assuming important responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for dealing with employee personal issues.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Experience working with a payroll processing system.
Job type: Full-time