- PLEASE do not apply through Church Staffing.
- Read below taking note of qualifications.
- Visit our website for a complete job description and profile (www.westgatechapel.org/jobs).
- EMAIL Cover Letter, Resume and Recent Photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please do not contact the church office. We will be in touch with you promptly concerning your submission.
THE ROLE OF THE HIGH SCHOOL PASTOR will be to give primary leadership to the High School Ministry (grades 9-12) of Westgate Chapel. The High School Pastor will be responsible for cultivating spiritual growth and maturity of High School
students and their families through the development and implementation of teaching and activities that are in line with the Mission of Westgate Chapel: To lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ where they are growing in their Intimacy with
God, Community with Believers and Influence with Non-believers. The High School Pastor will report to the Executive Pastor.
- Is a born-again believer through faith in Jesus Christ, having made a personal profession of faith in Jesus Christ and has evidence of God’s call into full-time ministry.
- Lives consistently with and in commitment to the requirements of an Elder as set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- Demonstrates a vital and growing relationship with Jesus Christ, is a person of prayer and the Word, and is a model of a Biblical pattern of life and leadership while demonstrating a love for God and His people.
- Shows evidence of control by the Holy Spirit in all aspects of personal life and ministry of WGC
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in student ministry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biblical Studies or a related field (Graduate Degree given preference.)
- Is in full agreement with the Doctrinal Statement of WGC; supporting the Constitution and Bylaws of WGC, evidencing commitment to the church’s stated mission.
- Is licensable by the Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA) and is in full agreement with the Doctrinal Statement, mission and purpose of the C&MA.
- Is a proven leader that people are drawn to follow.
- Strong Communicator of God’s Word.
- Proven experience in recruiting, developing, training and directing ministry teams culminating in the strategic implementation of vision.
- Possesses strong servant-leadership, relational, teaching, discipleship, and admin. skills.
- Strong proponent of small group ministry.
- Experience in leading worship and development of worship bands.
- Stays current with student culture trends to effectively connect the culture with the unchanging Gospel.
About Westgate Chapel:
Westgate Chapel’s mission is to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ where they are pursuing 3 Vital Relationships: Intimacy with God, Community with Believers and Influence with Non-Believers. The church has a rich 155-year history
in the greater Toledo area and has been led by committed men of God who have provided unswerving Biblical Christian leadership, including: Dr. Thomas Mosley (President of Nyack College, and Dr. A.W. Tozer, who authored more than 40 books.)
The church is located in Toledo, OH (Sylvania Township) and sits on 15 acres of land right off the I-475/U.S. 23. Our building is comprised of 84,000 sq. ft. of ministry space which includes a 1000 seat main worship center, a full children’s and youth wing
with separate auditorium, a full-size gymnasium, complete commercial grade kitchen, a regulation baseball field that sits on our property and more.
Westgate Chapel is part of the Christian and Missionary Alliance denomination which is comprised of over 6 million people worldwide. Global Missions through the C&MA is deeply imbedded in our DNA as a church. The church has sent out and supports numerous
C&MA Missionaries and the church body gives over $400,000 a year (above and beyond tithing) in support of the Great Commission Fund to support Missionaries around the globe.