Summary of Position:
The Worship Director on the Central Services team will support the vision of Sun Valley Community Church by leading teams that create and execute engaging, excellent, Christ-centered musical worship experiences. They will work closely with SV Production
to support the overall Weekend Worship Experience with video, audio, lighting and creative elements that enhance the weekend experience. They will be a model of integrity, living out biblical truth and demonstrate the Core Values of Sun Valley – authenticity,
community and generosity.
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years experience preferred
More than 5 years experience in leading in a large church setting
Experience in worship and production with knowledge of computers, lighting, sound and video
Demonstrated leadership and team development skills
Budget management skills
Knowledge of Planning Center Online, ProPresenter, Microsoft Office, Abelton Live, Digital Audio
Consoles, Automated Lighting, etc
- Demonstrate a track record of spiritual maturity and character consistent with the biblical requirements for Pastoral leadership.
- Be self-motivated, not needing micromanagement, yet love to live life with a team.
- Possess the musical, technical, and vocal ability to lead Worship effectively in the context of
- Agree/Align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of Sun Valley Community Church.
- Be teachable, consistently growing as a leader and a follower
- Participate in the design and review of weekend worship services
- Function as one of the rotating worship leaders for SV weekend services
- Shepherd and develop staff and volunteer teams as assigned
- Communicate with key people with clarity and in a timely manner
- Meet regularly with SV Music leadership team to plan and develop the weekend experience
- Rehearse band and vocals for worship services; come prepared to rehearsal to musically and spiritually lead
- Lead a minimum of 45 weekends per year
- Technical responsibilities include: preparing the band and worship leaders for weekend services by providing charting and mp3’s, prepare clicks, tracks, and vocal cues for weekend services, work with worship leaders to arrange songs and provide demos as
necessary, prepare keyboard rig including sounds and patches, communicate with Audio Engineers to support weekend needs including inputs, stage set up, and worship leader needs
Recruit volunteers and build teams with the capacity to fulfill the vision and dreams of ministry
Work with the musical director(s) to develop musicians and artists to realize & utilize their God
Develop strategic plans for the department in alignment with the overall church mission, vision,
values and strategies
Work collaboratively within a multi-site model of leadership, team and campuses
Be a pastor to the general church family when it’s obvious
Provide oversight of MD Budget
Care and help create culture in the green room weekly
Send resume and links to onling worship videos to firstname.lastname@example.org.