Oversee all programming and ministry for children ages birth – 5th grade, including Sunday mornings (1 Service), Wednesday night children’s program, summer programming (Children’s Camp, V.B.S., outreach events (Back to School Bash, etc.)), direct children’s
musical director, etc.
Lead Sunday evening children’s small groups. Plan and administer the Children’s Ministry Budget.
Duties and responsibilities
Choose and prepare curriculum for each program and each age level. (currently, we use Orange and Elevate, and Gospel Project)
Create environments, activities, and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourages spiritual growth.
Recruit, train, schedule, and lead teams of volunteers.
Provide care for children and families within the church including personal visits and follow-up.
Develop and maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families by:
- Providing an inviting environment
- Encouraging the planning of social and mission activities
- Providing plentiful and organized supplies
- Encouraging through regular correspondence and praying for them
- Updating student contact information
Promote & plan kids’ mission opportunities:
- 5th Grade Missions Weekend – working on local missions projects and introducing them to their upcoming youth leader through a time of recreation.
- Christmas party for My Refuge prepared by the BSBC kids
- Donation opportunities for our kids to provide needed items for shoeboxes, trunk or treat, etc.
- Born again Christian who feels a call by God into ministry
- Love for children and families
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to delegate and manage workload
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to provide clear, concise direction to teachers involved in children’s programs
- Ability to build and lead volunteer teams
- Effective communication skills with parents and children
- Able to work in, and contribute to a team environment
- Friendly, helpful attitude
- Prior children’s ministry experience is preferred