Executive Pastor (XP)
To lead the implementation of the vision and mission of Calvary Fellowship under the direction of the Lead Pastor. To equip and lead staff members into greater effectiveness in their areas of oversight and in advancing the mission and vision of the church
in general. To oversee special projects and the implementation of new programs, policies and initiatives.
Duties and responsibilities
- The XP is a servant leader who equips and encourages each direct report.
- The XP is an implementer, overseeing implementation through the staff and ministry leaders.
- The XP is creatively resourceful; helping to remove barriers, locate resources, provide liaison and connect staff to sources of help.
- The XP is able to operate both at a conceptual level and pay attention to detail.
- The XP is a competent multi-tasker; capable of managing multiple people, projects and priorities.
- The XP’s gifting and leadership style complement the Lead Pastor (LP).
- The XP acts as the “right-hand person” implementing the vision of the church with the leadership and direction of the Lead Pastor. The XP is entrusted with great responsibility for that vision’s implementation and is a trusted confidant of the LP.”
- The XP’s primary responsibility is to provide hands-on oversight for the ministries of the church, freeing the LP to pursue his calling and passion.
- The XP oversees the ministries of the church to ensure they are moving in the direction of the vision of the church, are fulfilling the stated mission of the church and are coordinated in their efforts.
- The XP does this through leading, managing, and supervising the ministry staff.
- The XP provides oversight of ministry organization, long-range and/or strategic plans, priorities, goals and budgets.
- The XP anticipates problems and embraces and facilitates the problem-solving process.
- The XP holds the staff accountable for ministry results and the wise stewardship of time, talent and money.
Integration and Collaboration
- The XP is action and results oriented, getting things done through actively managing the efforts of the staff and ministry leads.
- The XP influences by motivating, encouraging and developing team members.
- The XP demonstrates servant leadership and a collaborative style.
- The XP fosters mutual respect and builds a complementary team where each strength is maximized and each weakness is minimized.
- The XP fosters a spirit of openness, participation, cooperation, communication and unity among the various leadership units of the church organization.
- The XP takes responsibility for ensuring effective communications among the staff, ministry leaders, members and the congregation in planning and implementing the mission of the church.
- Spiritual maturity exhibited through the love of people, service to others, an active prayer life and a strong knowledge of the Bible.
- Daily dedication to increasing knowledge of Jesus Christ and deepening spiritual walk as evidenced by continuous study and active learning.
- Evidence of experience, skills, and giftedness, which can provide the basis for successfully achieving the purpose of the position.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience in a field or position with equivalent relevance to this one.
- Evidence of workplace habits in prior employment demonstrating:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to initiate and implement a plan of action
- Industriousness in use of time and resources
Salaried: Minimum of 40 hours per week. Sunday hours periodically required.
Community Connections Coordinator
Director of Youth and Membership
More to be added as position expands
Pastor Bill LaMorey