PLEASE APPLY HERE ------> https://vsearch.ws/2rHahFW
About the Organization:
Westover Church began in 1948 with 218 people. 70 years later, they are celebrating many decades of God’s faithfulness to them! The church began simply, with a smaller congregation and support for three missionaries in 1948. Westover Church veered away from
the Old South Presbytery, with former Associate Pastor William Jones leading Westover Church into a new season of boldness with the gospel and supporting missionaries around the world independently rather than through a denomination.
Their current space, purchased in 1984, has been home to Westover Church through many seasons of growth. A significant portion of the church’s budget still goes to global missions, with 150 family units supported in global missions activities.
They are marked by four distinctives that they strive to live out: Grace, Gospel, Responsibility to the world, Inspired by scripture.
About the Position:
The Children’s Pastor will serve the Body of Westover by providing vision, management, and leadership for all aspects of ministry to children, from nursery through fifth grade, and will build the necessary structure to implement this vision.
As the Children's Pastor, they will help to unify the staff in ministering with radical harmony - creating an atmosphere that is welcoming and inclusive to a broad spectrum of racial and economic diversity in Westover Kids attendees. They will also be part
of a cohesive Student Ministries team, which pours into families and parents as the disciple makers of their families. The Children's Pastor will actively carry out the vision for Children and Student Ministries to implement a comprehensive and intentional
plan to disciple students and children through the life stages of Kids, Middle School and High School. This cohesive and intentional plan will aid in carrying out intentional outreach and evangelism goals through Westover Kids and their families.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Children's Pastor / Executive Director:
This position requires a Bachelor Degree with preference for a Master level degree in ministry or a related field.
This position requires three years or more of ministry or related experience.
- A leader who encourages and builds up team members.
- An individual who can lead both up and down and is always coachable
- A passion to facilitate the ministry of the church through staff and leaders.
- Supervisory skills including coaching, mentoring, nurturing, holding accountable to ministry goals, and helping create a reporting structure that works for the individual.
- Having a healthy ministry/life balance as by embracing Westover’s Core Health Values:
- Put God First: Relationship with God is primary for all staff. As we foster an active prayer life driven by love for those we serve and highly value time in God's word, giving evidence to this through our priorities, we will minister out
of our intimacy with Christ and lean 100% on God’s mercies. Our identity is not found in the success of our ministry or those we serve, rather in Christ alone.
- Be at Rest: A rested, naturalness in our ministry is vital to our success. As we minister, let us do so “sitting down on the inside.”
- Serve with Joy: We serve the Lord with Joy, and His Joy is our strength. As Joy fills us, laughter is evident in our lives.
- Put Family Second: Our relationship with our spouse is healthy and thriving. Our love and leadership of our family creates a flourishing family that is healthy, with Christ at the center.
- Establish Clear Boundaries: We have an agenda and boundaries that keeps our greatest priority to be God's glory, not successful completion of projects, tasks, schedules, or commitments.
- Equip People: We are free to establish relationships with folks we lead, love, support and serve alongside in ministry. We do ministry with a team approach and see ourselves as an equipper of God’s people.
- Continual Learning: We are consistently growing and evolving in our praxis and methodology of ministry and seek to regularly learn new ways of being and doing ministry.
About the Location:
Greensboro, North Carolina, is the third largest city in North Carolina. Greensboro is known for its diverse population and myriad of opportunities for young professionals. The city has various entertainment and nightlife, including, live music, and dozens
of unique, locally owned restaurants and retailers. While Greensboro has all the amenities of a major city, it also boasts a low cost of living, is easy to navigate, and has more than 90 miles of trails and greenways, proving to be a relaxed urban environment
anyone can call home.
The Greensboro Science Center houses red pandas, sharks and a hands-on museum. Nearby, Guilford Courthouse National Military Park has displays on the American Revolution. Video re-enactments and interactive exhibits trace the civil rights struggle at the
International Civil Rights Center & Museum. The Bog Garden is a wetlands area with flowers, birds and an elevated boardwalk.
Greensboro traces its origins to people with distinctive cultural backgrounds. Today, that influence has multiplied tenfold, as immigrants and refugees arrive from across the state, the nation, and the world. Greensboro’s cultural life, public schools, well-known
Southern traditions, and even restaurants shine with an exciting international hue. 48% of the population of Greensboro is Caucasian, which speaks to the city’s great diversity. Greensboro also attracts many refugees and families each year. In light of this,
Westover Church has responded with many city and community outreach and missions programs, desiring to see the Gospel extended through them right in their city.
Major employers in the area include Honda Jets, VF, Lincoln, Volvo, agricultural farm Syngenta, and Krispy Kreme. Major industries have historically been manufacturing, but now also include financial and business, as well as farming.
Housing options are affordable, middle class neighborhoods with medium size houses in safe and attractive neighborhoods selling for $250-$300k. In addition to the seven colleges and universities, charter and christian schools, as well as a large homeschool
network, Greensboro is a great place to raise a family or settle into the pace of midsize city life.
PLEASE APPLY HERE ------> https://vsearch.ws/2rHahFW