Lighting Site Director
The Lighting Site Director at Crossroads is responsible for standardizing the lighting experience at Crossroads sites, through development of best practices and the training and ongoing development of site staff. This role requires a unique mixture of technical
knowledge and ability balanced with strong communication and leadership. Works closely with national and site staff to set the National Team lighting objectives and support their implementation at the site level. This job requires traveling to various sites
each weekend to coach and develop personnel, to be determined by Executive Producer or as needed.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead Coach for Site LDs and oversees coaching tree
- Onboarding and training of new site LDs
- Ongoing Development of site LDs
- Consults with lighting systems integration at new sites
- Lighting Design lead on live (more than one site) national experiences
- Works with National Experience team to manage production deadlines and budgets to support LDs
- Develop a healthy LD team culture across Crossroads sites
- Dotted Line manager for site LDs
- Helps Sites LDs champion volunteers by training and organization in professional lighting.
- Dotted Line report to National Lighting Designer/Production Designer
- Helps create and implement National lighting strategies per national ET Team.
- First response for technical support to site LDs, Able to coordinate National resources to resolve mission critical systems.
- Education Requirements: High School diploma and work experience in the field. BA or BS in Relevant Field a plus.
Experience / Skill Requirements:
- Fully understands the requirements of site LDs. (should be fully versed in the operation of lighting consoles, lighting types [floodlights, spotlights, intelligent, etc.], rigging, lighting design, proper lighting for video, and be familiar with all aspects
of lighting reinforcement)
- Robust knowledge of theater lighting tools and equipment
- Working knowledge of software used in the execution of a Crossroads experience (Google suite, PCO, etc.)
- Extensive capabilities and experience in troubleshooting.
- Broadcast Lighting experience a plus.
- Strong people skills with an emphasis on service.
- Have a good sense of lighting design, visual excellence. Ability to use lighting to create the appropriate environment for various events.
- Able to effectively develop and lead a team of staff and volunteers. Training, mentoring, building into their technical, personal, and spiritual lives.
- Work effectively with National Producers, Tech, and Music leads to create environments that will encourage people to experience God.
- Must commit to expectations detailed in the “I Promise” document, including using the bible as the ultimate standard of truth, practicing spiritual disciplines and pursuing personal purity.
- Be able to lift 75 lbs. Moderate bending, kneeling, climbing. Good physical mobility is required. Able to set in a chair for 2 hrs. at a time.
Scheduling / Travel Requirements:
- Must be available regularly at National offices and able to travel to sites as needed.
- Working schedule is Tuesday - Saturday with occasional need to switch a day for Sunday, depending on sites needing to be visited.