Westerville, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 05/11/2018
Category: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Southern Baptist
Church Size: 1500 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Genoa Baptist Church
7562 Lewis Center Road
Westerville, Ohio 43082
- Job Type: Full-Time Position
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Main Ministries: Pre-k and K-5 children
- Assist Executive and Senior Pastor where needed
- Reports to Executive Pastor with Senior Pastor oversight
The Children's Pastor at Genoa Baptist Church is someone with a deep love for Jesus Christ and His people. He should have a passion for all ages of children, but especially pre-K through 5th grade. He must be able to thrive in a team environment. He should
have a strong commitment to knowing God through His Word and to helping children in their understanding of God. He will be purposed in being very active in kid’s lives. The main purpose for this position is Children's Ministry, but this individual should also
be capable and expecting to assist the Executive and Senior Pastor as needed as well.
- Serves as member on the Pastoral staff as a team, but reports directly to Executive Pastor
- Provide teaching and oversight for weekly pre-K through 5th grade including weekend church services and Wednesday night activities including AWANA's.
- Plan and execute monthly and yearly activities for pre-k through 5th grade
- Organize and lead summer Kid's camp
- Organize and lead Vacation Bible School
- Recruit and train volunteers who work with youth in all aspects of children's ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to kid's ratios. Especially for trips or activities
- Make yourself available to kids and their families
- Develop and approve an annual Children's Ministry Calendar for both a plan of teaching and activities
- Develop a budget for Children's Ministry with oversight by the Executive and Senior Pastor.
- Helps mentor and nurture kids to have better relationships with family, friends, and the community in general
- To pray for the children regularly
- Establish strong relationships within the church body as a whole
- Assist Pastor with church or community needs
- Be available for performing or assisting Senior Pastor in the following areas: preaching, teaching, visitation, discipleship, counseling, baptisms, communion service, marriages, funerals, etc
- Assist Pastor and Executive Pastor with vision for yearly outreach and church activities
- Conduct Sunday Worship Services with Middle and High School students
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Demonstrates a history of spiritual maturity and leadership
- Meets the Biblical qualifications for a Pastor as described in I Timothy 3, Titus 1 and I Peter 5
- Maintains Godly character before the congregation, within the church staff, and at home
- Loves and enjoys people, exhibiting a shepherd's heart towards individuals and the congregation
- Loves to see people trust Christ as Savior and grow as disciples
- Trustworthiness with confidential personal information
- Agrees with Our Church Constitution, beliefs, and policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in ministry preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills in the office
- Creativity and adaptability to keep our ministry culturally relevant, as well as sensitivity towards church traditions
- Preferably technology skills to occasionally assist with videos, computer needs, website, networking, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Pay and Benefits
- Pay and benefits based off experience, education, and needs, to be discussed further through the interview process.
- Total pay package may be broken down to include things such as salary, housing, insurance and retirement.
- Package will also include a pastoral expense line.