Director of Project Management--Lexington Campus (Full Time with Benefits)
Purpose of Position:
Grace Chapel is one church worshipping on 5 campuses with a vision for more campuses in the future. The Director of Project Management plays a key leadership role and is responsible for partnering with Multi Site Campus Pastors and Ministry Team Leaders
properly prioritizing and coordinating construction and event projects, small to large in scope, across all campuses. This will be accomplished through thoughtful planning, teambuilding, organizing, controlling of financial resources; completing quality inspections,
as well as researching, hiring and supervising sub-contractors when needed.
In order to be effective in this role, a successful candidate will be a growing Christ-follower who possesses many of the following core gifts or passions.
- Organization: Qualified applicants will have the spiritual gift of administration. He/she has an eye for detail, is able to devise and execute plans, and is skilled at creating organizational systems.
- Proactive: Must be a self-starter, able to take initiative to help move the team forward towards achieving its goals without needing to be closely managed.
- Flexible: Must be willing and able to adapt to last-minute developments that are typical to church ministry.
- Multi-task: Ability to manage simple to complex projects concurrently while maintaining a helpful and positive attitude which is essential in this role.
- Discerning: Must be able to discern priority level of requests from all levels of the organization even when many tasks seem urgent.
- Communication: Strong communication and interpersonal skills in a variety of media (face to face, telephone, and written correspondence).
- Business Skills: Strong background in management, budgeting and analysis. Computer skills with specific proficiency in MS Office applications, a variety of social media platforms, and ability to learn web-based applications.
- Passionate: A strong desire to serve the local church, cultivating relationships with its staff members, congregation, vendors, and guests through a ministry of hospitality.
Key Working Relationships: The Director of Project Management:
- Reports to the Director of Campus Operations and is a strong collaborator with the Director of Facilities.
- Works directly with the Multi-Site Campus Pastors and Ministry Team Leaders of each ministry to understand and support their specific project needs
Responsibilities: Ministry responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages sub-contractors by locating, evaluating, and selecting sub-contractors, monitoring and controlling performance.
- Understands quality standards and operational standards in the field of construction
- Hands on ability in regards to small to average projects while being able to see the big picture and be the Owner’s Representative of multi-million dollar campus expansions.
- Develops and maintains construction budgets, monitoring project expenses, identifying and approving changes.
- Accomplishes construction project and church wide event results by defining project or event purpose and scope; calculating materials required; establishing standards, deadlines and protocols; allocating resources; scheduling and coordinating staff, volunteers
and sub-contractors; evaluating milestone time lines and conclusions; resolving design problems; evaluating and implementing change requests.
- Approves construction projects by conducting inspections at critical phases; obtaining approvals from impacted ministries.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work and worship environments by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging construction practices and standards.
- Develops detailed project time lines to track progress and maintain strong communication methods with invested ministries.
- Identifies, evaluates and supports church wide events and systems for process improvement.
If, after prayerful consideration, you would like to be considered for this position, then we would invite you to join in the application process. Please submit the following information electronically (only) to email@example.com:
- Your up-to-date resume
- Cover letter including
- A brief description of your journey to faith
- A statement describing the reason for your interest in the particular position
You will receive an email confirming receipt of your submission. No telephone calls please.