DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRY
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH, DAVIS CA
The Director of Children’s Ministry is charged with the development and implementation of the vision, strategy and organization of all children’s ministry programming and education. Specifically, the Director will recruit, equip, and lead a team by empowering
our children’s volunteers for ministry to children. The position is a full-time position with salary and benefits.
Partner with families in the spiritual development of their children, with the aim that children can discover faith in Jesus, grow in love for God and others, and become ambassadors of hope by the power of the Spirit.
- Spend regular time seeking God and discerning His will for our Children’s Ministry
- Lead a team to develop ministry philosophy, strategies, and goals. Leading this team well is essential. This is your primary role. You and your team will make all of these responsibilities possible.
- Work with the pastoral staff to develop a biblical worldview for children’s ministry that is age appropriate. Train the children’s ministry staff in how to incorporate that worldview.
- Lead the Children’s Ministry of First Baptist Church, including:
- Sunday morning classes (nursery through 6th grade)
- Summer Day Camps and other special family events
- Design and manage an annual budget for Children’s Ministry.
- Oversee the recruitment, equipping, and shepherding of children’s ministry workers. Complete a background check on all new workers.
- Direct Vacation Bible Camp, FBC’s weeklong summer outreach to children and their families. Recruit and train volunteers to oversee the different aspects of VBC.
- Hire a director for Redwood Day Camp, FBC’s multi-week summer camp. Provide oversight for camp planning, budget, and the hiring of counselors.
- Develop lines of communication and a ministry of encouragement to the parents of children.
- Work with the Youth Pastor to provide training and overall guidance for our family ministry.
- Evaluate existing ministries and create and develop new ministries as the Lord leads.
- Work with ministry leaders to expand the existing 5th-6th grade program to include more opportunities for deepening relationships with God and others.
- Maintain supplies, and resources for children’s classrooms.
- Evaluate and select curriculum for all Children’s Ministry.
- Explore ways to involve children in FBC’s ministry of community service.
- Work with the pastoral team and take on any duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Provide special services as needed (e.g. letters of recommendation, speaking engagements)
RESOURCES FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH WILL PROVIDE
- An annual ministry budget (approved by the congregation at the annual meeting).
- Office space, computer, and needed resources.
- Training. FBC is committed to providing regular training opportunities enabling the Children’s Director to grow vocationally, and spiritually.
- Responsible to the board of elders of First Baptist Church
- Under the supervision of our Senior Pastor
- Annual performance review with the Senior Pastor
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (or nearing completion).
- Minimum of one year directing or assisting a Children’s Ministry.
INTERESTED? Send you resume to our Associate Pastor Scott Wieking email@example.com
It needs to be in his inbox by May 29, 2018. If you have any questions about the position, contact Scott.
We’re praying God blesses you and guides you as you consider joining our church!