The Crossing, a multi-site church with four St. Louis-area campuses, is a place where a whole bunch of us gather each weekend to study this ancient story found in Scripture that is still transforming lives today. We believe church should be a place where
believers of Jesus and skeptics can stand side-by-side to study truth and ask tough questions. We are currently seeking a Campus Worship Leader.
The Crossing is a non-denominational church rooted in Scripture. We blend teaching and worship with art and technology to create a service where you can experience the message of Jesus in practical and life-changing ways.
This 12 hour/week part time position will assist the music team staff, campus pastor and producer, to prepare teams and lead worship for the specified campus.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Serve as primary worship leader at specified campus
- Responsible for directing musicians
- Lead some but not all songs
- Responsible for assigned service elements
- Play an instrument as necessary
- Be present at debrief following services and communicate any changes to all staff leaders involved
- Be innovative and experiment with new ways of executing services
- Make necessary Ableton tweaks for weekend services to support weekend services
- Brainstorm ideas and participate in worship planning as assigned
- Recruit potential team members for the music team
- Host cultivate sessions to grow and train the music team
- Assist music staff with oversight of music team members at specified campus
- Other staff duties as required by leadership
- Strong worship leader & vocalist.
- Ability to lead from an instrument is a huge plus (guitar or keyboard).
- Ability to communicate essential musical details to vocalists and all instruments.
- Prior experience leading worship in a large church setting.
- Able to perform high quality, detailed work with minimum supervision within assigned deadlines.
- Oriented towards developing and consistently improving scalable, high-quality systems and processes for accomplishing goals and objectives as it relates to the campus & team.
All qualified individuals must meet the above job-specific requirements, in addition to the following requirements for all staff members of The Crossing:
- Attend a service on a weekly basis
- Be passionate about The Crossing and a relationship with God
- Baptized as a follower of Christ
- Completion of all vision venues within the first year of employment
- Regard the Bible as God’s final authority in all areas of Christian life and desire to be wholly obedient to it
- Wholeheartedly affirm The Crossing’s Statement of Faith, including our view on baptism
- Live a lifestyle consistent with scriptural principles