We’re looking for an experienced director who wants to use his or her marketing/communications skills to impact our community with the gospel. The ideal candidate thinks strategically and has experience leading a team in a deadline-driven work environment.
This role will require a firm understanding of our church’s mission and vision along with a desire to foster a safe space on staff regarding systems and interpersonal communication.
Duties and responsibilities
1.Effectively manage a team of staff, freelance, and volunteer content creators and content managers (print, web, video, social media, etc.) in a manner that aligns our various communications venues.
2.Provide consistency and standardization to all of our internal communication systems, forms, and processes.
3.Serve as the church’s brand manager, responsible for safeguarding how the church’s brand is portrayed in all communications pieces.
4.Work with local media outlets to share the stories about how our church is impacting the community.
5.Develop the church’s marketing and communications plan that will attract new people into our communications channels, deepen their engagement, and strategically bring them into the life of the church.
6.Create a system of quality control for all communications the church produces, including print, email, social media, web, mobile app, etc. Ensure every piece of content is technically effective, grammatically correct, doctrinally accurate, and within the
church’s brand framework.
7.Work with the church’s facilities staff to ensure all signage throughout the campus communicates effectively within the brand framework.
8.Serve as part of the church’s leadership team, helping to inform decisions with an understanding of communications needs.
1. Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or equivalent work experience. Some academic work in theology preferred.
2. Experience leading a communications and/or marketing team.
3. Excellent communicator (both written and verbal) and creative thinker with the ability to use data to inform strategy.
4. An ability to manage the different “seasons” of the church, to lean in to work when periods are particularly busy and to lean in to family and other responsibilities during the rest of the year.
5. Familiarity with the inbound marketing methodology.
6. Knowledge of online advertising platforms, particularly Facebook and Instagram.
7. Keen understanding of modern branding techniques geared towards a Christian church community.
8. Preferred skills: Web Design, HTML/CSS, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress.
9. Growing Christian faith and character.
10. A commitment to the church’s mission, vision and doctrine.
Hours Per Week