New Hope Christian Center - Job Description
WORSHIP ARTS PASTOR
Reporting to the Executive Pastor, the Worship Arts Pastor has the primary responsibility of cultivating a life-giving, passionate, and skillful culture of worship at New Hope Christian Center.
- Recruit, schedule, and resource all worship team volunteers (vocal, band, and tech).
- Contribute to service programming ideas.
- Execute and produce service programming with appropriate flow, transitions, and ministry moments with all volunteers.
- Plan the worship song schedule, introducing new songs.
- Implement then maintain the use of Planning Center Services for service programming and volunteer management.
- Serve as primary worship leader for weekly services.
- Lead the weekend worship team and experience, ensuring both spiritual and musical preparation.
- Oversee and direct the worship team practices.
- Provide leadership for special events, productions, and services as requested (prayer meetings, holiday events, funerals, conferences).
- Manage the planning of all events dedicated to the spiritual and skill development of the worship team volunteers (vocal, keys, bass, guitars, drums, percussion, sound, projector).
- Deliver direct, hands-on pastoral care for worship team volunteers.
- Communicate and collaborate weekly with the Senior Pastor and other staff regarding items pertaining to the weekend environment.
- Steward and manage worship arts resources: budget, instrument maintenance, AVL System (including working with installation companies and troubleshooting minor issues), and supplies.
- Help provide leadership to Kids and Teens worship teams and environments including hands-on mentoring and shepherding.
- Lead the stage-design process. Maintain a reasonably clear and well-designed stage in both the Sanctuary and Unity (Fellowship) Hall.
- Support the Senior Pastor with any needs of the church, including artistic sermon support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This full-time position’s main focus must be worship, however the role will be split with “something else.” This “something else” depends on the gifts and interests of the individual, but ideally would include a Communication (video, graphic design, announcements,
website, social media) or Teen ministry role. This job description will be updated to reflect this aspect as the right Worship Arts Pastor is found.
- Relational leader that possess great people skills, with an orientation towards serving, empowering others, and building strong teams
- Highly creative problem solver that can change priorities quickly with a positive attitude
- Able to accomplish assigned projects utilizing highly developed communication (written and verbal), project management, time management, and collaboration skills.
- Confident in handling confidential matters with integrity and excellence.
- Excellence in musical skills, including voice and piano or guitar.
- Cursory (or greater) understanding of all aspects of an AVL system and able to troubleshoot minor problems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office or Apple Pages.
- Ability to learn and use Planning Center Online, Dropbox, Wunderlist, Trello, Ableton Live, Adobe Audition, and other similar software
- High energy, passionate, and magnetic personality
- Secure and confident individual who demonstrates humility.
- Personal experience with Charismatic or Pentecostal theology
- Full-Time 45+ hours
- Weekend Services
- Must attend weekly staff meetings, service-planning meetings, and 1-on-1 meetings with the Executive Pastor.
- Team meetings, special services, etc.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization