ASSOCIATE CARE PASTOR
MISSION AND VISION
Northside’s mission is to connected unconnected people to Jesus Christ by connecting them to Christ, community and their calling.
This individual will play a key role on the Care Team by creating, leading and managing environments and opportunities where people are freed from their hurts, habits and hang-ups to live out their Identity in Christ. This role works closely with the Care
Pastor to help meet people in Crisis and walk them to Community. Our Care Ministry is built on the philosophy that healing happens in community, connected to people and a process. We are an onramp, not a cul-de-sac - a bridge, not a bypass to community. The
Associate Care Pastor will have a heart for hurting people and a passion to help them take the best next steps to connect to Christ, Community, and Calling.
Northside Christian Church is an independent Christian Church that is an Elder protected, Staff led fellowship 10 minutes from downtown Louisville in New Albany, Indiana with an average weekend attendance of over 6000 people.
- Develop and implement Celebrate Recovery as a pathway for care.
- Oversee Care Groups (Divorce Care, Griefshare, Cancer Care) and provide care and equipping for leaders
- Oversee Pastor On Call system.
- Oversee Hospital/Nursing Home Visit Teams with care and equipping.
- Serve on the “Church Family Care” team.
- Assist with Funerals/Weddings and other pastoral care duties.
- Lay Counselor Coordination/Supervision.
- Equipping/Multiplying (Eph. 4) giving a clear picture, process, and permission to mobilized Care providers
- Detail oriented (must be proficient in Microsoft Office)
- Passionate about helping people find their next step
- Team Builder/Player of staff and volunteers
- Developer of systems, strategies and people
- Servant to those around them\
- Independent when needed
- Collaborative with staff and volunteers
- Hungry to see consistent growth
This person must be a strategic and systems oriented leader. Their passion for the Church should translate into a passion to develop systems that lead hurting people out of crisis into healthy biblical community. The ideal candidate will have a proven track
record of success in the field of care (ideally on a ministry level) and a working knowledge of clinical behavioral health best practices with commitment to build and strengthen relationships with the various facets of the mental/spiritual health providers
in the community. They will see pastoral care as a critical component of discipleship, with a passion for emotional/spiritual health as the outcome.
- Regular Tuesday and Thursday Night Responsibilities
- Other occasional weeknight responsibilities
- Serve in all the weekend services (one weekend off per month)
- Create and executes strategies and systems
- Connects the unconnected people Jesus Christ
- Leads people to take their next step with Jesus
- Participates in a collaborative manner on the Care Team
Interested candidates should submit:
- Cover letter and resume (including references) along with salary requirements.
- Email your complete package to: firstname.lastname@example.org