Hope Church Campus Pastor
Reports to: Director of Discipleship
Located in Richmond, VA – Hope is a multisite congregation of approximately 6000 people, and is part of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC).
Vision:The Campus Pastor leads the ministry of a Hope campus. This leader transmits the culture of Hope’s Mission, Vision, and Values and grows and cultivates the health of a campus as part of this larger vision. The CP will be the point
person responsible for all aspects of the weekend services, the development and support of staff and volunteers, and works in collaboration with central ministry leaders for campus growth and vitality, discipleship and outreach. The CP as a member of Hope
staff champions and serves the mission of the whole church and all our multisiting efforts.
Skills: A successful campus pastor at Hope brings together a combination of skills. The successful candidate will be strong in administration, communication, leadership as well as relationship & people skills. The CP is a person who is
passionate about helping people come to life in Christ and is effective and natural in evangelism. The CP job requires a person who is both pioneering and team oriented – a leader and a person who thrives in a second chair position. Characteristics of being
a self-starter, positive, optimistic, humble and teachable are essential and will relate to job performance.
- WORSHIP: Host weekend services and partner on other events as needed, including connection events, membership orientations, leadership training, weddings, funerals, and other special events. Campus pastors preach 6-8 times a year.
- CULTURE: Create a culture in line with Hope’s Values: welcoming, sincere, relational, with clear steps into connection, growth and outreach.
- LEADERSHIP: Recruit and manage a team of staff and volunteers for the vitality of the campus.
- SPIRITUAL GROWTH: Oversee the spiritual development of people through small groups and other relational engagement. Partner on new believer experiences, groups and classes in line with Hope’s mission and vision.
- LOCAL OUTREACH: Develop outreach initiatives in the local community and equip and deploy Hope people for effective service. Form positive relationships with leaders in the community – esp. rental facility, neighboring community and otherwise.
- PASTORAL CARE:Pastor and shepherd people for connectedness, engagement, spiritual growth. Help in hard times, counsel, weddings, funerals and other pastoral needs. Working with Hope’s Deacons and our care model, develop a system of support for people in
- RESOURCES: Manage campus budget and be the vision-carrier for stewardship and financial health to the campus.
- MULTISITE STRATEGY: Work with central ministry teams and other campus pastors to improve Hope effectiveness and achieve goals.
Education and Experience:
- A personal commitment and growing relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- College Degree required, Seminary degree preferred.
- Calling to ministry as a career.
- Affirmation of The EPC’s Essentials of Faith
- Meaningful experience and engagement in ministry; preferably in a large church.
- Ordained, licensed or willing to pursue this.
- Compensation will be in line with national benchmarks