Westside Church: Discipleship Pastor
One Sentence Job Description: Oversee the discipleship strategy for the purposes of retention and spiritual growth.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Increase the retention rates of attendees by assimilating them into the following:
- Small groups
- Provide Organization and Training for the following:
- Greeters Ministry
- Communion Servers Team
- Security Team
- Small Group Leaders
- Sunday School Teachers
- Pastoral care as a part of the pastoral team.
- Serve as the staff liaison to the both Missions Team and the Board of Stewards.
- Participation in the worship services as directed by the Sr. Pastor.
- Attend the weekly Monday staff meeting.
- Attend all church functions.
- Attend the monthly board meeting.
- Routine communication with the Sr. Pastor is expected.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Sr. Pastor.
How will you know if you are succeeding?
- Retention rates of guests exceed 25%.
- You develop a clear and measurable discipleship process.
- Volunteers are routinely added to ministries.
- You are spending time with people in and out of the office.
- Small Groups are growing both in attendance and in the number of groups we have.
- You are pursuing excellence in your duties. The Sr. Pastor will provide feedback.
- Required: 4-6 years relevant experience.
- Ordained: Must be ordained in the Church of the Nazarene or a Wesleyan Denominaiton.
- Track Record: A proven record of success.
- Direct Report: Senior Pastor.
- Reviews: There will be a 90 day review. Annual reviews are held every February.
- Office Hours: Daily 9-5. Sundays 8:30-12:30.
- Vacation: As outlined in the church employee handbook.
- Salary Range: $60,000.
- Professional Expenses: $5,000 annually.
- It is expected that your family is involved in the ministry.
It is expected that you tithe regularly.