Director of Children’s Ministries
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Status: Full Time
The Director of Children’s Ministries will create, build and provide dynamic growth, leadership, manage, and direct all aspects of Children’s Ministry (infant through Fifth Grade) which includes Sunday school, Mid-Week Activities, Small Groups,
Special Events, VBS, and Childcare for Bay Point UMC and its community. The Director will effectively interact with students, influential leaders in our communities that affect our children, staff members of Bay Point UMC, and the parents of the Children’s
Ministry to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION:
- ·High energy, entrepreneurial, and charismatic with effective organizational skills
- ·Foster Children’s growth in five key areas: Radical Hospitality, Passionate Worship, Intentional Discipleship, Salty Service, and Extravagant Generosity
- ·Desire to work in children’s ministry as a way to serve God and advance His kingdom
- ·Knowledge and skills to serve in children’s ministry
- ·Strong leadership skills
- ·Ability to work with children, volunteers, staff, and parents to coordinate children’s ministry
- ·Ability to make changes, corrections and solve problems quickly under pressure
- ·Clearance of criminal background check
- ·Abide by all personnel policies of Bay Point UMC
- ·Self-starter and high degree of discipline and strategic focus
- ·Bachelor’s Degree from accredited four year college or university, or equivalent education experience.
- ·Strong commitment to the Christian faith and to the theology of the United Methodist Church.
- ·Willingness to adhere to the Bay Point Church Staff Policies and Statement of Ethics, to be loyal to the Senior Pastor and church leadership, and be faithful to the Bay Point Church mission, vision, and values.
- ·Ability to pray, teach, and interact well with others.
- ·Ability to comfortably speak in front of large groups and deliver messages.
- ·Ability to participate in children’s activities as required for relationship building.
- ·Able to lift small children, (40 lbs. or less).
- ·Ability to communicate well with both children and parents.
Bay Point Church
208 Palm Ave.
Nokomis, FL 34275
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org