Groups Pastor – Name TBD
Updated – May 2018
Date of Hire
Direct Supervisor – Executive Pastor
- Immersed believer of Jesus Christ and actively involved in the local church.
- A conviction on the infallibility of God’s Word.
- Ordained minister of the gospel, or willing to go through the process of ordination.
- Demonstrate a genuine love for people as the highest priority of ministry through communication, cooperation, and personal relationships.
- Demonstrate a love for Jesus where he is both Lord and Savior.
- Demonstrate a commitment of covenant relationship to paid and volunteer co-workers of love, honor, acceptance, open communication, honesty, and harmony.
- Exhibit a work ethic of initiative, follow-through, organization, and positive attitude.
- Maintain a consistent, personal devotional life with Jesus Christ.
- Maintain a wholesome family life through time, priority, and commitment.
- Be involved in the regular study of God’s Word and any extra-Biblical literature that will advance knowledge of the scriptures.
- Be regularly dependent upon prayer for all areas of personal life and ministry.
Desired Traits and Proficiencies
- Highly skilled with computer applications; Word, Excel, Church database systems, Pro-Presenter, etc.
- Actively involved in social media for furthering relationship contacts and advancing kingdom causes.
- Ability and willingness to be flexible with work hours, understanding that the ministry involves both daytime and evening responsibilities.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to lead teams toward specific objectives and causes.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate on a personal level in one-on-one settings.
- Effective public communicator in small group settings, as well as large group settings.
- Engaging preacher of God’s Word.
- Highly extroverted.
- Magnetic charisma that attracts people.
- Motivator of people.
- Ability to be creative, visionary, thinking outside the box.
- Committed to this position for at least five years.
- Proven track record of willingness to work hard, including both hours and effort.
- Financially responsible with church budgets.
- Devoted to the overall vision of the church.
- Strong understanding of scripture; doctrinally sound and consistent with the teaching of the Independent Christian Church.
- Submissive and coachable to leadership.
- Highly accomplished written communicator.
- Ability to handle conflict resolution.
- Oversee the entire group ministry for adults at all campuses of Eastside.
- Recruit and train all group leaders; both corporately and individually.
- Build and manage the curriculum available for use of all groups.
- Individually meet regularly with all leaders for encouragement and support.
- Regularly attend as many groups as possible for support.
- Connect as many people as possible into adult groups ministry.
- Keep detailed and accurate records of all groups.
- Build a system of “felt-need” support groups that can be offered to the church and community.
- Teach Third Pointe of the Pathway program and connect people to groups who have attended.
- Champion the accomplishment of all goals in the “Caring Family” marker of the 2020 Vision.
- Serve on the 2020 Vision Team.
- Attend and be actively involved with the general staff team of Eastside.
- Be available to preach at worship services when called upon.
- Serve as a pastor to the church family when called upon.