Part-time staff position, approximately 20 hours per week.
This position provides administrative support for Redeemer Presbyterian Church of Orange County.
- Answer calls on the church main line and respond or forward to appropriate party.
- Format and edit promotional material – flyers, bulletin inserts, brochures, handouts, etc. – as needed.
- Compose and send weekly sermon preview and announcement e-mail.
- Compose, schedule and send church communications.
- Provide reminders for leaders and volunteers.
- Serve as point of contact for printing company and coordinate printing of all communication and education materials.
Meeting, Event & Service Coordination
- Coordinate church events and special services including scheduling, promoting, securing facility and equipment.
- Maintain Senior and Associate Pastors appointment calendars and schedule individual appointments as needed.
- Schedule officer and ministry team meetings and luncheons.
- Serve as point of contact for Temple Bat Yam to coordinate space and facility needs of Redeemer.
- Process orders and purchasing of supplies and materials as needed.
- Maintain security rights and data in Fellowship One church database and build and run reports as needed.
- Record and maintain worship attendance data in Fellowship One and provide weekly reports to leadership.
- Provide reports on membership and attendee data for annual PCA statistical reporting and as requested by the session.
- Train leaders on Fellowship One access, viewing data, and some data entry including entering community group attendance and pastoral notes.
- Compile timesheets for hourly staff and submit hours to Payroll.
- Serve as point of contact for HR and Payroll issues.
- Maintain personnel records.
- Assist session with creating and writing HR and employee policies.
- Perform research on HR benefits and compensation information as requested by session.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency at Excel and Word
- Knowledge of Fellowship One church management database, or ability to quickly learn and become proficient in data management and reporting.
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience in HR or Payroll helpful.