Purpose of the Job:
The role of the Worship Leader is to serve the Senior Pastor and lead the Media and Technology Teams in overseeing and coordinating the worship ministry at Great Lakes Church. The Worship Leader takes on the responsibility of guarding the spiritual culture
and character of the worship ministry and the Worship Team and the Media and Technology Teams, as well as the Serve Team and other people or groups as assigned.
Experience and Knowledge Required:
• Ability to handle multiple projects effectively.
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, ProPresenter, and the Slack App.
• Ability to learn and use Planning Center software.
• Ability to learn and use Planning Center Online software.
• Proficiency in voice and piano or guitar.
• Ability to create, coordinate and lead a worship experience with a team.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Worship Leader in weekly services.
• Lead and manage the Great Lakes Church Worship Team, Media, and Technology Team.
• Oversee the coordination of Great Lakes Church’s Worship Team Rehearsals.
• Oversee the scheduling of all worship experiences at Great Lakes.
• Oversee the structures and systems of Great Lakes Church Worship.
• Oversee the Audio Department and Audio Serve Teams of Great Lakes Church.
• Plan and implement Great Lakes Church Worship projects and department goals.
• Oversee and give assistance to the Prayer Team of Great Lakes Church.
• Fulfill the requirements and faithfully perform the duties of a leader on the Lead Team at Great Lakes Church to the best their ability.
• Create a worship culture in community promoting synergy between the worship team and the tech/media team.
• Develop young talent/ hearts into instruments of worship who can lead others into His Presence.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Pastoral Care
• Instrumentalist – Great Lakes Church services
• Conduct research at other large(r) churches regarding their approach to worship/music ministry.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Positive attitude
• Heart of a servant
• Share the vision of Great Lakes Church to fulfill the Great Commission with integrity and passion.
• High capacity multi-task individual comfortable working independently without constant supervision.
• Strong written/ oral communication and interpersonal skills.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Extent of Public Contact:
• Regular weekly contact with members of Great Lakes Church.
• Great Lakes Church Pastors, staff members, and Lead Team.
• Great Lakes Church Worship Team members.
• Great Lakes Church Audio Team members.
• Good vocal health.
• The ability to play an instrument.
• The ability to set up or to take down sound equipment.
• Provide direct leadership, discipleship and management of the Worship Team, Prayer Team, and Media/ Tech Teams.