Lebanon Baptist Church is currently in search of a part time children’s ministry director or children’s pastor. If you are interested in applying, please read the following description and
send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This part-time position will have primary responsibilities with children’s ministry for kids pre-school through elementary. The position will require 20-25 hours of weekly work including time spent ministering to the kids and leading the ministry on Sunday
morning, Sunday night and Wednesday night with availability to be in the office two days a week for planning and preparation. This position is directly accountable to the lead pastor and deacons.
Plan, direct, conduct, evaluate, and administer a comprehensive children’s ministry relevant to today’s kids taking into consideration their spiritual, physical, recreational, social, and psychological development. Direct the teaching programs of the children’s
ministry department to include but not limited to Sunday morning children’s church, kids Sunday School classes, Sunday night kids club, and Wednesday night AWANA ministry. Provide support, encouragement, and equipping in spiritual formation for parents in
training children to bring glory to God through knowing and following Christ.
- Have a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ, and have taken the step of believer’s baptism
- Meet the character qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9
- Be in agreement with the doctrinal statement of Lebanon Baptist Church
- Maintain a posture of growth in ministry: physical, spiritual, mental, and social
- Possess a love for children and a desire to see them grow in their relationship with Christ
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of what is needed to support parents and strengthen families in their desire to raise children who follow Christ
- Have a passion to serve God in ministry and express this passion as a clear calling into ministry
- Have an accredited degree in ministry or in the process of obtaining an accredited degree in ministry from a Bible college or Seminary
- An ability to work within the vision and expectations of the pastoral staff at Lebanon Baptist Church
- An ability to manage the financial and budgetary needs of the children’s ministry
- An ability to recruit, develop, and deploy adult volunteers as needed
- Relating the kids to the overall life of the church and the church to the needs of its kids. Lead youth to recognize the call of God in their life relations to life-direction and purpose. Work to train kids in spiritual disciplines such as: worship, Bible
study, prayer, evangelism, serving, etc…
- Conduct weekly children’s church services on Sunday mornings at 8:45am and 11am.
- Direct, plan, and oversee the Wednesday night Awana ministry.
- Organize and oversee Sunday school classes and a Sunday night program for kids.
- Provide counsel, support, and encouragement for parents as part of a comprehensive family ministry.
- Oversee and work with the current group of adult volunteers serving in the children’s ministry.
- Recruit and enlist new volunteers to the children’s ministry.
- Oversee, manage, and maintain accurate records of the children’s ministry budget.
- Direct and lead all aspects of children’s outreach ministries including but not limited to God’s Squad basketball and cheerleading, VBS, Camp Jubilee, etc…
- Develop new children’s outreach ministries such as flag football, tee-ball, soccer, sport’s camp, etc…