Director of Worship Ministries
At Forward Church, our purpose is to Love God, Love Others, and Serve the World.
Our mission is to make disciples who are…
1) Shaped by His Word;
2) Surrendered to His Will;
3) Connected to His Spirit; and,
4) Building His Kingdom.
This position has the privilege of growing people in worshipping God as they journey as part of the Forward Church family, and discipling those who are involved as volunteers in the work of worship. Leadership and direction from this role will cover all
Forward Church sites (currently two).
Start Date: Immediately
Reports To: Lead Pastor
Direct Reports: Worship Leaders Team, Music Team (Band and Vocals) Tech Team (Service Directors Team, Audio Team, Video Team, Projection Team, Lighting Team, Setup, Set Design), Story Team (service content).
This is a full-time position at 44 hours.
1. Be a passionate example for our church family by modeling Christ-centered living and providing vision, inspiration, encouragement, & equipping to all involved in the ministry.
2. Worship Team Leadership (At Forward Church, the term “Worship Team” includes several teams in both music and technology).
a. Recruit for and work closely with teams for all planning, decisions and development of church worship services.
b. Recruit for and work closely with teams for all planning, decisions and development of large special events, often at Easter and Christmas.
c. Recruit, develop, and evaluate Worship Leaders, to lead services, at both sites.
d. Recruit, develop, and evaluate volunteer team leaders for all teams with the goal of delegating responsibility and authority to lead those ministry areas with ongoing follow-up.
e. Assist team leaders to recruit volunteers and staff for all team members that fall under Worship Ministries: Worship Leaders Team, Music Team (both Band and Vocals) Tech Team (Service Directors Team, Audio Team, Video Team, Projection Team, Lighting
Team, Setup, Set Design), and for new teams that need to be established to move the ministry forward.
f. Recruit, develop, and evaluate members of our Story Team (service content) for ideas to drive home the sermon thrust.
3. Leadership and Development for Worship Ministries
a. Pastoring the team leaders and members within Worship Ministries.
b. Providing regular training and development for all team members.
c. Working with Student Ministries to identify and develop talent from among students, with a goal of the next generation being a weekly, integral part of the main worship services.
d. Discipling interns and key worship leaders, with an emphasis on training the next generation.
4. Programming for Sunday Worship Services and Special Events
a. Develop creative and fresh, God honoring worship services, with emphasis on life change.
b. Work with the Worship Ministries assistant to schedule personnel in Planning Center, for each service.
c. Become fluent in the use of Planning Center Online, all applications.
d. Coordinate with the Communications Team, regarding stories, announcements, and other creative service content.
e. Create environments and contexts to develop seeker oriented services and events where first time guests are valued and considered, particularly at Christmas and Easter.
5. Miscellaneous responsibilities:
a. Work alongside Setup and Auditorium Décor people, to oversee and coordinate the creation and building of sets for worship services and special events.
b. Attend all staff and huddle meetings.
c. Create and oversee budget for Worship Ministries.
d. Provide musical and technical support for unique events.
1. Consistent quality, unique in content, engaging worship services that honour God, and are Jesus-focused.
2. Services in which seekers/unbelievers connect with God, and believers worship in spirit and truth.
3. Regular discipling and development of people through the ministry so that Forward Church continues to be built upon many team members (rather than one personality).
4. Dependable long-term planning, scheduling, and support for worship ministry teams.
5. A spirit of joy, enthusiasm and engagement as a key member of the Strategy Team.
1. A mentoring, discipling and pastoring mindset that motivates you to call people to greater depths of intimacy with Christ and great commitment to growing his Kingdom.
2. A self-starter, open to input, and mentoring.
3. A humility that enables you to develop and celebrate others.
4. Instrumental and vocal ability to be able to provide worship leadership, and train others to do the same.
5. Leadership capacity to be able to recruit and manage others through delegation of responsibility and authority in a large, multi-site church setting.
6. Proven experience in a similar role is essential.
7. Post secondary education in music and/or ministry would be a key asset.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume and a video demo of your personal experience leading worship to Beth Silveira at email@example.com (Executive Assistant to Steve Adams, Lead Pastor).