MWC is a thriving church that is all about helping people FOLLOW Jesus, GROW in Jesus and MULTIPLY Jesus. We are a multi-generational, regional church, poised for kingdom impact in the surrounding small towns and rural areas.
Our primary goal for the Worship Arts Pastor is for this person to cultivate engaging environments (through the use of Scripture, music, staging, visuals, etc.) that foster love and awe for God, along with total surrender to Him and His Kingdom. The Worship
Arts Pastor shall be responsible for the following areas of ministry; 1) Worship Music, 2) Audio/Video Equipment. It is also our hope for the Worship Arts Pastor to play a key role in expanding our reach among the young adults, college students and technical
institute students in our community.
Specific Qualifications: In addition to a strong, dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ, the candidate must have a passion and commitment for…
* Incorporating Jesus’ relational approach to discipleship into one’s own personal life and church-wide ministry.
* A developmental mindset and heart for recruiting, equipping, empowering, appreciating and shepherding volunteers.
* A heart for the church as God’s ‘Plan A’ for reaching a lost world.
* Wesleyan/Arminian theology.
* A team mindset, helping us continue to develop a leadership team marked by humility, spiritual ambition, a commitment to excellence, an insatiable appetite for learning and improvement, prayerful preparation, flexibility and healthy communication.
* The Worship Arts Pastor must have the calling, passion and abilities for leading God’s people in song, along with a commitment to musical excellence and a passion for helping people actively engage in our worship gatherings.
* Video editing, along with graphic design skills, are preferred.
Experience: At least two to three years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Ministry and/or Worship Arts preferred. The candidate must be in a position to be (at a minimum) licensed within the Wesleyan Church within one year of beginning employment.
* After studying the weekly message, planning worship gatherings, along with the Lead Pastor, that amplify the vision of the church and message for the week.
* The recruiting, training, and support of our music and tech team volunteers which includes holding at least 3 team HUDDLES per year.
* Sharing in the officiating of funerals, weddings and services for care facilities.
* Participate as needed for special events (i.e. weddings, funerals, monthly Hymn sing, Collision Family Worship Nights, VBS, etc.)
* Management of our website and social media platforms.
* Oversight of video and graphics creation/editing.
* All Mitchell Wesleyan Staff members are expected to be proficient with Microsoft Office, our F1GO church management program and the major social media applications.