The NextGen Pastor is a new, full-time position created to oversee the ministries to Kidz, Students, and Young Adults at both Rainier View Christian Church campuses. This is a unique opportunity to cast vision and lead change through a strong team at both
- Oversight and development of Kidz and Students staff for all sites.
- Execute planning and team-building with the NextGen Team.
- Establish ministry goals and objectives related to the vision, mission, and values of the church, prioritize related ministries accordingly, and manage the use of facilities in coordination with the entire staff.
- Collaborate with other departments to realize the vision and mission of RVCC.
- Ensure NextGen ministries are working cohesively with each other and also are on mission with the larger church vision.
- Oversee all logistics, from volunteer recruitment and management to event planning.
- Develop ministry and service opportunities for members in all areas of NextGen, including appropriate training and equipping.
- Plan and implement an appropriate budget, delegate tasks as necessary and appropriate, regularly evaluate ministry progress.
- Create intentional environments aligned with the RVCC strategy (Connect, Grow, Serve, Share).
Minimum Job Requirements
- 4-year degree as well as 7-10 years of experience in Children’s and/or Student Ministries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work productively without direct supervision
- Experience leading staff, seeking their professional and personal growth
- Ability to work well and collaborate with team members, volunteers and other staff
- Taking the job seriously without taking yourself too seriously