New Life (NewLife906.com) is a church full of broken, imperfect people with every kind of story imaginable. We are a growing church with a Sunday gathering of 450 located in Michigan's beautiful Upper Peninsula. From the birth of New Life
through today, God has called us to be a lighthouse to the Upper Peninsula. Some of our plans for the future include building a community center at our current location and planting satallite campuses to bring the hope of Christ to other areas of the 906.
We are seeking a team player who is interested in reaching, equipping, and empowering people to change their world. While we are looking for someone who is willing to help in all areas as needed, your primary focus is to youth grades 7 - 12.
Primary emphasis is given to loving, equipping, reaching, and
empowering young people to live victorious lives in Christ.
Secondary emphasis is on seeking, training and
equipping leaders to be apart of your leadership team.
How do you know if you may be a good fit? Do you believe youth should have plenty of opportunities to lead in ministry? Do you believe evangelism is accomplished both through lifestyle and planned outreach? Do think life is meant to be enjoyed? Would you
rather hang out with a bunch of kids than sit in an office all day? If you answered "yes" then you may be a good fit.
1. Humility with a servant's heart.
2. Pragmatic: Must be able to generate sensible, realistic, and practical solutions to problems.
3. Risk-taking: Willing to take a calculated risk without betting the farm.
4. Resourceful: Passionately finds ways over, around, or through barriers to success. Achieves results despite lack of resources. Goes beyond the call of duty. A doer.
5. First Impression: Professional in demeanor, creates favorable first impression body, language, eye contact, posture.
6. Team Player: Reaches out to peers. Overcomes we they. Approachable. Leads peers to do what is best for the organization.
7. Conflict Management: Understands natural forces of conflict and acts to prevent or soften them. Effectively works through conflicts to optimize outcome. Does not suppress, ignore, or deny conflicts.
8. Drive: Exhibits energy, strong desire to achieve, high dedication level.
9. Self-Motivated: The lead Pastor believes in his staff. He is not looking to micro-manage a ministry. He is looking for someone that has an intrinsic motivation to give and do his or her best.
10. Technology: Sees culture trends and technology as tools to reach people.
11. Relational: The ideal candidate should be able to relate to, connect, and engage children, teens, and adults.
- Four year college degree helpful, but life experience can be considered.
- We are an Assembly of God church, you will need agree with our core beliefs as found at http://newlife906.com/core.
- A musical background is helpful, but not necessary.
-A cover letter explaining why you think this job will be a good fit for you and us
-A picture of you and family, where applicable
Please, answer the following questions:
- What is your philosophy of ministry? What does ministry look like to you?
- What national known Pastors or churches have influenced you?
- What books or blogs have you read over the past 24 months that have influenced you?
- If you could do anything in life, what would you do?
Contact Information: All information can be emailed to: Jason@NewLife906.com
We offer a starting salary of $25,000 with a reimbursement plan covering cell phone, mileage, meetings, resources, and continuing education.