The Visual Arts Director should be an experienced creative storyteller that uses vision, aesthetics, composition, and editing to passionately tell God’s stories in an innovative and compelling way. This person will develop, shoot, and edit video; working
collaboratively alongside pastors and ministry leaders. The ideal candidate will not just capture moments or create “stuff”, but will be a fountain of development ideas, helping leaders to actualize their vision. Above all else, they must help to maintain,
promote and convey the mission of County Line Church of God.
Recognizes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Sound judgment. Interpersonal skills toward staff, congregational members, and people outside the church. Good communication skills. Good understanding of videography and editing. High integrity and full buy-in
to the County Line Church of God mission and vision. Able to recruit, train, and develop volunteers towards a common goal. Able to organize, coordinate, and execute projects within a specified period. Is teachable and willing to ask questions. A team player.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist all ministries by creating videos based on the vision of the teams assigned to the projects. Creative input from the Visual Arts Director is encouraged. However, the pastor or director overseeing the project has final say in any areas that are
- Actively seek and produce high quality and impactful testimonial videos. These videos would be used within the Sunday service as well as on social media and other outlets. The Visual Arts Director will have a passion for sharing stories of life change.
- Work closely with the Technical Arts Director to ensure Sunday morning elements flow smoothly.
- Assist the Technical Arts Director with any video camera needs on Sunday mornings. As of now, the scheduling and training of LIVE video operators is being handled by the Technical Arts Director.
- Attend the Tuesday Creative Team meetings each week from 9:30-11:00am. This is where the majority of video ideas for our Sunday morning services will come from.
- Film the “Jen Show” each Thursday at 10am and produce “The Things You Need To Know” segment. This is currently being handled by the Technical Arts Director.
- Mentor youth within County Line who have an interest in videography by including them in projects.
Educational and Background Preferences:
Formal training in film production or communications preferred. At least three or more years of experience in visual arts production. Willingness to continually pursuing training that will increase knowledge in the area of videography and photography.