POSITION: CHOIR DIRECTOR
STATUS: PART TIME
CHURCH: Calvary Baptist Church of Allentown,
4601 W. Tilghman Street
Allentown, PA 18104
DENOMINATION: American Baptist Churches USA(ABC/USA)
CHURCH SIZE: 200-300
WORSHIP STYLE: Blended/traditional
SALARY: $14,000-$17,000 depending on experience and
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Choir Director shall be a person of faith who will support the church’s mission statement and values.
Mission: “Growing lives by embracing everyone in the love of Christ”
Values: Diversity, Caring, Inspirational, Missional
- Select the music for and direct the choir from the beginning of
September through the second Sunday in June.
- Lead the choir in the performance of special seasonal music
including but not limited to Lent, Easter, Advent, and Christmas Eve.
- Arrange for special non-choir music for June, July, and August and as
necessary throughout the year primarily by utilizing talents within the
- Consult with the church staff and independent groups such as praise team and bell choir in the planning process so that music will
support worship and preaching themes.
- Serve on the Worship Committee as an ex-officio member.
- Pursue efforts to grow the ministry of music and allow for adaptation as
the needs of the church change.
- Coordinate with the Christian Education Board to include children and
youth music in the Worship Service and help provide music for them in
Please send resume to:
Mrs. Ann Matlack, Worship Committee Chairperson Rev. Manfred von Harten