Children’s Ministry Coordinator
Cityview Community Church is seeking a part-time (20-25 hours a week) Children’s Ministry Coordinator for Kids’ City, our ministry for children birth through 5th-grade, beginning in August 2018. This person will be responsible for coordinating,
administrating, recruiting and training in Kids’ City.
Job Title: Kids’ City Coordinator
Organizational Relationship: The responsibilities of this position fall under Family Ministries. This person will directly report to and be evaluated by the Pastor of Discipleship and Family Ministries.
Primary Function: To develop and direct all aspects of children’s ministry, which includes Sunday mornings, activities/events, backyard kids’ clubs and childcare. Assist the pastoral staff in carrying out the mission and vision of Cityview according
to our values.
- A vital, growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Demonstrated experience in leading children’s ministry, preferably vocational
- Strong agreement with the church’s statement of faith, core values, and philosophy of ministry
- A bachelor’s degree in family, children’s and/or youth ministry (or related field), or experience in working with children and/or youth.
- Recruit, train and coordinate all Kids’ City volunteers
- Manage distribution of curriculum/crafts/supplies for workers
- Observe, evaluate, support and develop classroom workers
- Coordinate childcare for Cityview events and special services
- Communicate regularly with Kids’ City volunteers and parents
- Represent Kids’ City on the Family Ministry Team
- Co-lead the Kids’ Ministry Team with Family Ministry Pastor
- Ensure all safety policies and sanitation procedures are followed
- Support the Family Ministry Pastor
- Assist the staff in other duties as assigned
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Assist pastoral staff in planning weekly services and/or church events
- Participate in a Community Group and/or Journey Group
To find out more about Cityview including our mission, vision, and values visit our website http://www.cityviewcc.net/
To apply please submit a cover letter, resume and philosophy of ministry to email@example.com by June 1, 2018.