**Only Apply IF you CURRENTLY LIVE IN COMMUTING DISTANCE TO HAM LAKE, MN!!**
We are insanely passionate about helping people find their way back to God, while at the same time helping people grow to become fully devoted followers of Christ. We are equally passionate about getting outside of our four walls by being active in our local
communities and around the world.
We are seeking an experienced and passionate individual who has this same passion to lead our Student Ministry.
OUR MISSON: To Help People Find Their Way Back To God.
OUR CORE VALUES:
CELEBRATE through Worship
We gather together weekly to CELEBRATE God’s active involvement in our lives and in our church family; thanking Him for His undeserving grace and mercy!
CONNECT through Community
We exist to CONNECT and live in community which builds the body of Christ by encouraging the sharing of life, helping to meet the needs within each one of us, and stimulating personal growth.
CONTRIBUTE through Service
Our life in Christ is only fully realized as we learn to reflect the generosity of God by leveraging all of our resources to minister to other people, advance His Kingdom, and turn the world upside down.
INVEST and INVITE
We love people enough to reach out to those who have no relationship with Jesus by INVESTING in their lives and INVITING them to Horizons Church so that they will hear and understand what it means to be a Christ follower.
Student Ministries Purpose:
To serve the church by mentoring, teaching, administering, and leading middle school and high school students as well as their families. To work under the umbrella of Family Ministries and work side by side with other staff members, having one unified vision,
plan, and goal for the families of Horizons Church.
The Student Ministries Director will help grow students into 3C followers of Jesus (see core values).
Is responsible for the administration, development and implementation of programs and policies designed to meet the needs of the youth of the Church.
Will be responsible for the day-to-day management of volunteer leaders, development of youth curriculum and management of the annual student ministries budget.
The Student Ministries Director is to teach, shepherd, and provide hands-on leadership to Middle school and Senior High School students, while providing direct oversight of the Student Ministries program.
The Student Ministries Director must recruit, disciple, and sustain a large team of volunteer leaders, engage parents as vital partners, teach and preach to youth and leaders in small and large settings. They must also communicate well with parents and come
along side families, especially in times of crisis.
Student Ministries Purpose Statement:
To grow and sustain an exciting and passionate Student Ministry that reflects the overall vision of Horizons Church, “to grow
3C followers of Christ who Celebrate through worship,
Connect through community and Contribute through service.”
Reports to: Director of Family Ministries
- Create contagious environments for Middle School and High School Students
- Partner with parents.
- Recruit, train and lead volunteers to love and lead students.
- Manage budget and student facilities in a professional manner.
- Create avenues for students to CELEBRATE God through worship, CONNECT by developing healthy mentor relationships, CONTRIBUTE to others through serving.
- Create policies and procedures for the church, leaders and students in order to maintain safety and security of the ministry.
- Ensure that students are a vital part of the overall life of the church and are in line with the vision of Horizons Church.
- Develop relationships in the community with schools and organizations in order to build bridges into student culture.
- Communicate on the weekends as requested by the Senior Pastor.
- Be a liaison between the church and the congregation in times of crisis and need (i.e. visits to homes, hospital and prisons).
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A PERSON WHO:
- Is a born and self-taught leader that can dream and implement strategy to take all areas of the Youth Ministry to a whole new level.
- Has strong communication, relational, management and organizational skills and a successful track record in a large church or corporate setting.
- Is a strong communicator with the ability to actively engage any size audience, from 1- 100 or more.
- Possess an entrepreneurial skill set with the ability to create a vision, implement a strategy, inspire, recruit and motivate multiple teams and see everything through to fruition.
- Embraces a "new, improved, and improving" philosophy of getting ministry done and realizes that there are no sacred cows and that at times change is necessary.
- Has a passionate commitment to and experience with the "Orange" philosophy or is willing to learn it!
- Desires to make a long-term commitment with a passion to impact not only the lives of the children, students and adults they've been entrusted to, but to partner with parents and grandparents alike in doing so!
Benefits to YOU:
- A position where equipping parents and investing in the next generation is highly valued.
- Over 100 students to mold into passionate followers of Jesus.
- A church that is committed to partnering with parents.
- A support cast of paid and non-paid volunteers to assist you in the areas you would oversee.
- A budget to accomplish what is being asked.
- A fun, flexible and healthy working atmosphere.
- A salary that is commensurate with your experience and level of qualification.
- A mentoring relationship with the Director of Family Ministries.
APPLICANT MUST HAVE MEASURABLE ACHIEVEMENTS:
- College degree or equal employment/ministry experience.
- Track record of successfully managing teams of people of at least 25 or more.
- Can demonstrate and communicate a history of creating systems, strategies and processes within an organization.
- An employment history that demonstrates time with previous employers of at least 3-5 years or longer.
A seminary degree, or past ministry experience is not required, but very beneficial. Those wanting to make the jump to full-time Christian employment from an education background and know how to develop and inspire teams are highly encouraged to apply.
Please submit ALL of the following:
- A resume with a picture of you (and your family if applicable).
- A brief letter about you and your passions in youth ministry.
- Why you would be a great fit to help fulfill the passion and vision of Horizons Church.
- Short list of your favorite authors and/or bloggers.
- A link to your website, blog, videos, YouTube, and/or Facebook page.
-A link(s) or video(s) of you preaching and/or teaching to Students.