At Blackhawk Church, we want to build a loving community that follows Christ in order to reach a community that is lost within Him. We're located in Madison, WI: capital city and home of the Big 10's University of Wisconsin. Our Pastor/Director of College-Age
Ministry position is currently available. Thousands of people attend the University of Wisconsin and other local colleges, so you can imagine how strategic the College-Age Ministry (CAM) is in reaching these students.
VALUE TO THE TEAM
As the Pastor/Director of CAM, you care deeply for college-age adults and have a passion for connecting them to each other and the local church. You share Blackhawk’s love for our city and the university, and you see great potential and opportunity for the
cause for God’s kingdom in both. As a vital member of our team, you lead Blackhawk’s ministry to college-age adults: you envision, strategize, gather, connect, develop, shepherd and teach – all because of your heart to reach the many students who attend the
Big 10’s University of Wisconsin and other area colleges.
- Ministry Leadership: Lead CAM's vision, goals and direction. // Oversee CAM staff and interns, encouraging their spiritual growth, developing their ministry skills and giving accountable supervision. // Teach in CAM settings.
- Connection: Gather college-age adults into community and connection. // Develop and maintain connecting points within CAM and the Blackhawk Church community. // Encourage an inter-generational church model rather than a church-within-a-church
model. // Oversee college-age Life Groups in collaboration with the Director of Life Groups and Associate Director of CAM. // Grow positive relationships with other campus ministries.
- Shepherding: Provide care and pastoral connection to college-age adults. Be the ministry's spiritual shepherd.
- Team Building: Identify, train and develop volunteers, leaders and teams.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Stable, mature, growing disciple of Jesus Christ, committed to the values of Blackhawk Church
- Has a passion for college students and their relationship to the local church
- Bachelor’s degree required, and theological training preferred
- Experience in strategic thinking, and able to anticipate and initiate change
- Ability to coach and develop volunteers, leaders and teams
- Provides wise biblical care in personal life situations
- Has excellent interpersonal skills, and exercises mature and independent judgment, confidentiality and tact
- Primary gift/skillset: Leadership, Shepherding, Teaching
ABOUT WORKING AT BLACKHAWK
At Blackhawk Church, we want to build a loving community that follows Christ in order to reach a community that is lost without Him.
On Blackhawk staff, we consider it an honor and privilege to take part in this mission.
Our staffing philosophy is simple: connect people to roles they’ll thrive in. Our hope is to – as much as is feasible – ensure people’s skill, experience and passion align with their role so that they’re not just
doing the job but thriving in it. Our staff culture values collaboration, coaching/development, humble service and healthy relationships. Our team works really hard, and we have fun doing it. Lastly, we aim to provide a competitive benefit
package, and we offer flexibility in schedule when possible and practical.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to growing a diverse staff. We don’t just accept ethnic and cultural difference – we celebrate it, we support it and we believe it’s what God envisions.
Visit www.blackhawkchurch.org/jobs for an application.
LEARN MORE ABOUT CAM