Regular Part Time or Full Time/Salary
Purpose of the Job:
To lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ by ensuring every person who attends our church has a remarkable guest experience.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Cast vision for excellence in Guest Services with an emphasis on welcoming, informing, and serving each guest.
- Oversee the total guest experience on Sunday mornings and during certain special events.
Guest Service Leadership:
- Cast vision and Lead Guest Services volunteers.
- Create a guest service culture by recruiting, training, and developing volunteers.
- Establish and implement quality standards for all Guest Service volunteers.
- Create a volunteer culture with a set of behaviors, terms, and values to ensure the optimal guest experience.
- Ensure consistency in all systems and procedures each Sunday.
- Regularly meet with Captains, Team Leaders, and other volunteers to cast vision, continue training, and build relationships.
- Develop and maintain a recruitment plan and training strategy for new volunteers.
- Schedule regular times of training and vision casting for all volunteers.
- Recruit and develop Guest Services volunteers for leadership roles.
- Develop and manage departmental budget.
- Establish and maintain relationships with local and state authorities who assist with traffic and securities measures.
- Supervise police officers and monitor Sunday traffic flow.
- Coordinate special event request with host, signage, parking, and volunteers that are needed.
- Develop and maintain communication with other ministry team directors to ensure a seamless experience for our guests.
- Network with the Guest Services staff from other churches within and outside of WCCC.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Volunteer Leadership. Even the most exemplary candidate will not be able to personally accomplish all of the administrative tasks needed. The ability to recruit and retain a volunteer administrative pool is a necessity.
- General Office Skills. This role will require use of Microsoft Office and Google Docs. The ideal candidate can not only use these programs proficiently, but can also train volunteers in their use.
- Database Knowledge. The ideal candidate will have experience with Whitewater’s existing database solution (Fellowship One), but this is not a requirement. The ability to quickly learn and master new computer programs, however, is a necessity.
- Interpersonal. Because of the many working relationships the candidate must manage, high emotional intelligence and soft skills are a must.
- Organizational Skills. Ability to organize multiple schedules, information, and materials.
- Self-Starter. Motivated/Ability to work independently with excellence and great attention to detail.
- 3+ years of experience in working closely with and leading people.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on direct guest and volunteer interaction and leading staff.
- Proven team-building experience.
- Acceptable Background Check.
- Whitewater Crossing Member or Attendee.
- Continue to develop personal character, competence, and team chemistry as a Christ-like leader.
- Other duties as assigned.