Position Description | Director of Youth Ministries
Department: Next Gen Ministries
Supervisor: Next Gen & Community Pastor
Direct Reports: All Youth Paid & Volunteer Staff
Job Status: Regular, Full-Time 40 hours; Exempt
The Director of Youth Ministry is a key leader on our Next Gen Ministries Team.
He/She will serve as the Director for Youth Ministry & have oversight of both Junior High & High School
Ministries. Leading a team of volunteers in shepherding the lives of Junior High and High School
Students. Build and lead a dynamic, growing, thriving Youth Ministry. Reach out to and develop Junior
High & High School students to help them grow in their relationship with God; through authentic
community with each other; and in service to others. The goal of this role is to grow our students and
our youth group, partner with parents and families, & creating spiritually formative experiences and
weekly large and smaller group environments for Junior High and High School Students that are both fun
and engaging. He/She will recruit, manage, and develop a team of Youth Ministry volunteers that serve
students on the weekends, life groups, and during strategic events and programs throughout the year.
• Give basic direction, leadership, and vision to the Youth Ministry at Fair Oaks Church.
• Recruit, build and lead a dynamic, effective, and relational youth ministry team.
• Strategize and implement ways to promote Fair Oaks Youth Ministry to the broader community.
• Develop and grow a thriving weekly worship environment for Junior High & High School youth.
• Oversee weekly youth worship, groups, & outreach experiences w/a high standard of excellence
• Design and implement an effective ministry strategy to reach and disciple JH & HS youth.
• Develop messages, programs, service events, and gatherings, to include Sunday mornings, midweek
programs, life groups, and on/off campus student events.
• Connect with Students and their families outside of scheduled programs.
• Develop and empower Student Leadership Teams for JH & HS to serve their peers in ministry.
• Encourage and partner with parents to help students pursue a vibrant relationship with Jesus.
• Recruit and develop a team of volunteers to lead and mentor students, build community, plan
events, and assist with teaching, leading & outreach to new students on school campuses.
• Participate fully in all next gen team meetings speaking into and supporting the team.
• Be a team player that collaborates with all ministries & promotes youth in weekend services.
• Responsible for creating and managing all ministry budgets related to Youth Ministry.
• Advocate for and seek to provide adequate resources and equipment for ministry to youth.
• Attend All-Staff meetings, prayer, retreats and other creative team meetings as needed.
• Contribute to the overall good of Fair Oaks church and broader church team efforts.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• A growing Christ follower as supported by a signed statement of faith from Fair Oaks Church.
• An ongoing display of Christ-like behavior, treating others with dignity, compassion and integrity.
• Regular attendance in ministry and worship at Fair Oaks Church.
• Regular, timely attendance in the workplace.
• Are a student of leadership and youth culture and best practices in youth ministry.
• Experienced in recruiting, developing, and motivating adults and students to become leaders
• Great at communicating, empowering, leading, and relating to others
• Knowledgeable in youth ministry with at least 2 years of experience in leading a youth ministry with
over 100 students preferred.
• Completed (or interest in completing) a M.Div. (or equivalent) preferred.
• Desire to eventually be ordained as a pastor in the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC) preferred.
Work Schedule Full-Time approximately 40 hours per week. General Schedule: Tues-Friday & Sundays.
Some weekday evenings & holidays (Christmas/Easter). Day/Evening events, camps & trips as needed.