PLEASE APPLY HERE -----> http://bit.ly/2HESmpy
About the Organization:
Turning Point is a dynamic and growing church that believes in Jesus and loves God and people. Its desire is to reach people with the Grace-centered good news story of Jesus Christ and help them lead a thriving God-first life.
Turning Point began in the hearts of Pastors Michael and Charla Turner in 2002. As they fasted and prayed, God confirmed in their hearts and through their pastors that God was calling them to begin a work in Henry County. On January 5, 2003, the dream began
in a home, as Turning Point held its first meeting with 21 other people.
Today, Turning Point meets in their own state-of-the-art worship facility, where they reach thousands weekly for Jesus. Each weekend, a little over 2,100 people attend one of their three services to experience a Gospel-centered worship service. McDonough,
GA is a spirit-filled, theologically conservative non-denominational ARC church with a progressive methodology of worship and ministry. Future plans for the church include launching multi-site campuses all around the southern metro Atlanta area and beyond
to further expand the Kingdom of God to the world.
About the Position:
The Executive Director of Operations will be accountable for weekly bank deposits, data entry and record management of member contributions, managing the organization’s Human Resources to include oversight of training and leadership development; planning,
developing and executing the organization and divisional budgets in collaboration with the Executive Pastor and Lead Staff (Next Generation Director and Connections Pastor); monthly management and reconciliation of charge accounts; and providing financial
management and oversight to the Turning Point Church Market Place and Café.
The Executive Director of Operations will provide supervision to the Office Administrator and be accountable for office administration. Additionally, the Executive Operation Director will be accountable for facility management, providing oversight and instruction
to the facility management team.
Reporting to the Executive Pastor and serving as a member of the Management Team along with the Executive Pastor and Lead Staff, this position's primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the organization's
Working with the management team, the position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices. This position will also interact with the Board of Trustees.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Executive Director of Operations:
A bachelor’s degree in business management, development or a similar field is required. Further theological training or education, or an MBA is a plus but is not required.
Three years or more of experience working in Financial Management is required. A strong background and proven success in finance, and experience working in bookkeeping is ideal for this role.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Knowledge of and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Budget development and oversight experience
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Excels at operating in an fast pace, community environment
- Excellent people manager, open to direction, and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Persuasive with details and facts
- Delegate responsibilities effectively
- High comfort level working in a diverse environment
- Must have a positive attitude
- Must be a problem solver
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Embrace and live out spirit-filled life
- Relational leader of leaders
- Takes initiative and completes projects
- Team player
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Must have a positive and fun attitude
- Flexible and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Collaborative leader
- Embrace a missional lifestyle
- Emotionally and relationally healthy
- Fits the grace-centered culture at Turning Point Church
- Commitment to the House and Mission
About the Location:
Located just 30 minutes south of Atlanta and Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, the City of McDonough is home to just over 23,000 residents. While maintaining its southern charm, the City of McDonough is a thriving, picturesque community that is the
center for activities, art, and commerce for Henry County and the southern arc of Metro Atlanta.
A bustling business district offering unique shops, antiques and both casual and fine dining surrounds its beautiful and historic Square. McDonough is a National Main Street City and a “City of Character”—one known to encourage government leaders, honor
ordinances, recognize civic organizations, and revere local religious entities, while practicing good citizenship. The city is also home of the annual AABC Roberto Clemente World Series for 7 and 8 year olds.
McDonough is truly a great place to live, work, shop, worship and play. It possesses all the charm of a small southern town while offering the latest in modern progression.
PLEASE APPLY HERE -----> http://bit.ly/2HESmpy