Who We Are:
Davison Missionary Church is focused on showing our community who Jesus is. We do this by loving and worshipping God, loving others, and making disciples. By following the Great Commission and Great Commandments, we (are) intentionally:
- Focus on Jesus – and the life transformation that comes only through Him.
- Biblically Grounded – which means the content and meaning in our ministries all come from the truth found in the Bible.
- Culturally Engaged – so the methods we use for our programs are intentionally chosen to reach people in our community and are not tied to tradition.
- A Church Family – so everyone has a place to grow in faith as well as a responsibility to help others grow.
- Committed to Discipling the Next Generation – No matter our age, we are privileged to invest in the generations following us.
- Serve One Another and Our Community – We want everyone to belong to God’s family and have a passion for showing Christ’s love to others.
- Known by What Brings Us Together – Jesus and the power of His love, grace, and mercy to all people.
- Outwardly Focused – We want to reach people where they live, work, and play – in our community and around the world.
We are part of the Missionary Church USA denomination. You can find the Constitution, Position Papers, Articles of Faith, and Articles of Practice at www.mcusa.org
Who We Are Looking For:
We are looking for an individual with a pastor's heart and musician's talent; who is a musically-gifted, spiritually-mature, biblically-grounded Christian who will oversee all worship ministries and creative arts at Davison Missionary Church under the direction
of our Senior Pastor. We are ready for our next worship leader to update our music ministry (song choices, music styles, and creative elements) and lead our congregation in a lifestyle of worship (worshipping where we live and work).
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
Godly person who is in-tune with the Spirit
- Meet the qualifications of Deacons in 1 Timothy 3. Women and men are encouraged to apply.
- Is able to demonstrate evidence of the saving grace of Jesus in their personal life
- Worship is their life and passion, not just a job
- Handle their personal lives in a responsible way including finances and social media.
Humble servant who wants to see others succeed in their calling
- Have a heart for people
- Have a "leading-leaders" style of leadership
- Find and develop new worship leaders
- Develop and care for team member’s personal and spiritual growth
- Establish new platforms for developing leaders to grow in (e.g. Youth, C3 Groups)
- Are a resource for all musical aspects within the church (e.g. Kids Choir, Youth Band, Ensemble, Choir, Men’s Chorus)
Quality musician and vocalist who understands how to use their art to connect people with God
- Lead musically and vocally in the corporate services
- Inspire a lifestyle of worship in others
- Work to create a worship culture for DMC, not just a few moments of music on Sunday morning
- Recommend resources to help people respond to who God is and what He's done
- Pick songs and worship material which fit with the flow and the week's message
Practical Responsibility (time, duties):
- Build bands (i.e. recruitment, auditions/assessments, training, practices, releasing) and departments within the ministry
- Build and oversee other teams (mentioned below)
- Discover and create worship material (e.g. songs, arrangements, prayers, styles)
- Help plan special worship events (i.e. Good Friday, Christmas Eve, Worship Nights)
- Produce the Sunday service (i.e. make sure all aspects of the service flow and fit together, post-service evaluation)
- Responsible for the purchase and maintenance of equipment and systems including sound, lighting, video, instruments, computers associated with worship arts, projectors and screens
Areas of Oversight
- Music (Band, Ensemble, Choir, Men’s Chorus)
- Tech (sound, video, Studio B)
- Promotion (graphic design)
- Stage Design
- Social Media
- In conjunction with the Sr. Pastor, create the vision for the worship arts areas
- Recruit, train, equip, connect, disciple, and evaluate team leaders and members
- Forecast departmental needs
- Oversee the department budget
Education and Experience:
- AA degree in music preferred, or equivalent experience in music theory and practice
- 3 years of experience in worship leadership
If you are interested in joining the team and community at Davison Missionary Church, please email Pastor Douglas Connelly at email@example.com.