Ezra Church launched in Stoughton, Wisconsin 5 years ago. We’re passionate about helping people connect & re-connect with God through Jesus. This is a great pastoral job opportunity in one of the best areas of the country for someone wanting to make a kingdom
impact. We’re not really exaggerating. The greater Madison, WI area is one of the most post-Christian places in the US. We’re tilling the rocky soil and building a thriving and reproducing ministry. We’re reaching unchurched people and need a teammate to help
grow, equip and send them into kingdom ministry. If that kind of challenge excites you, keep reading.
We’re prayerfully seeking a full-time Equipping Pastor.
- Do you believe that every Jesus-follower has spiritual gifts that could serve the church and the world around them? Are you passionate about seeing people mobilized to serve the church and God’s kingdom?
- Are you a systems thinker that can turn our discipleship pathway into a kingdom-building highway?
- Are you passionate about raising up new leaders and volunteers, encouraging people to engage with their church and live a life on mission with Jesus?
- Are you able to work with our team to increase the number of people serving in ministry, connecting in groups, improve our care/follow-up to new Jesus-followers and create systems that see even more people taking the step to be baptized and becoming engaged
partners with the church?
- Are you able to contribute to our teaching team to collaborate on series planning and preach 6-12 times per year? Can you preach to connect with non-Christians while challenging mature followers of Jesus?
You may be a good fit for this role if you:
- Understand the difference between a ministry doer and a ministry equipper. Your success is found in other peoples’ fruit.
- Have a track record of growing a ministry and building teams. We need an experienced ministry leader ready to move things forward.
- Are a specialist in either small group ministry, connection ministry, or gift-activating ministry (and any candidate should be pretty decent in discipleship).
- Are committed to seeing lost people discover a transforming relationship with Jesus Christ, while creating an environment where people can belong even before they believe.
- Are comfortable in a setting where gun-toting deer hunters and NPR-listening activists worship together, rallying around Jesus. You value the contributions of women in church leadership and know that following Jesus is not about voting blue or red.
- Are a team player with a heart for kingdom ministry, but don’t take yourself too seriously. You feel confident enough to preach and humble enough to take out the trash.
- Have 5+ years of full-time ministry experience and are (or willing to be) licensed for ministry.
- We encourage people of any ethnicity or gender to apply.
Please send your cover letter (see below) and resume to email@example.com.
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer 3 questions:
- Why are you interested in this specific position?
- Explain why you feel you would be a great fit for this position (Training, gifts, talents, experience, personality…).
- How do Christians effectively reach people in a post-Christian culture?
Also, please include a link to an audio or video recording of you teaching in a group setting.
Anticipated start date: August/September 2018.
ABOUT THE MADISON, WISCONSIN AREA:
Madison, Wisconsin consistently ranks among the best places in the nation to live. With the state capitol and University of Wisconsin, it’s a diverse city with great outdoor living space, fantastic bike trails, distinctive locally-owned businesses, cutting-edge
technology, safe neighborhoods, great healthcare, excellent education, amazing music venues and food that will make your mouth water. Madison has a history of being a very difficult spiritual climate, but God is opening new doors for the Gospel and it’s a
great time to be a part of His work in this area. Stoughton is just 10 miles southeast of Madison. There’s a great small town feel with the convenience of Madison nearby. We boast a great historic downtown, good schools, outdoor recreation and some of the
best donuts you’ll ever taste.
More info about this position and Ezra Church is available online at http://ezra.church/equipping-pastor