POSITION: Director of Children’s Ministry
REPORTS TO: Associate Pastor for Christian Education and Discipleship
SUPERVISES: Children’s Ministry Program Staff, Summer Interns
MINISTRY OVERVIEW: To develop, coordinate and administer the ministry to children, birth through fifth grade, and their families.
- Model an authentic Christian lifestyle for children and their families.
- Assess programming and vision for the future in partnership with the Associate Pastor for Christian Education and Discipleship, the Children’s Staff, and Children’s Committee.
- Provide resources, support and assistance to parents so they can faithfully carry out their role as the primary developers of faith in their children’s lives through special workshops and training events.
- Direct the development and administration of a comprehensive program and curriculum plan for preschoolers, elementary children, and their families.
- Oversee seasonal events for all children, including Lent program, Easter Program, All Church Retreat children’s program, VBS, Summer fun days, Fall Kickoff, Stewardship, Children’s Sunday, Advent Festival, Christmas Pageant, mission projects, etc.
- Oversee and support our ministry with special needs children and nursery ministry.
- Supervise and support the Director of Children’s Day Out and its programming needs.
- Attend Children’s Committee meetings, monthly officer dinner, and all staff meetings.
- Project and maintain annual Children’s Ministry Budgets.
- Oversee training and work of summer interns.
- Call, train, support and encourage teams of teachers and small group leaders of elementary children’s classes for Sunday mornings and children’s programs.
- Regularly teach children’s Sunday school classes, teacher trainings, and parent seminars.
1. A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and His church.
2. A love for children and a desire for them experience the love and grace all can know through Jesus Christ.
3. Education: Bachelor’s degree in Children’s Ministry or Christian Education
4. Work Experience: Experience in Children’s Ministry in a congregational setting.
5. Knowledge about the physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual development of children.
6. Strong communication (written and verbal), relational, and organizational skills.
7. Demonstrated supervisory experience.