TITLE OF POSITION: College Ministry Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Student Ministry Director
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time, 40 hours/week
PEERS WITH: Events/Outreach Coordinator, Program Coordinator, Gatherings/Discipleship Coordinator
CHURCH SIZE: 2500+ (200 – 400 middle, high and college students)
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: Bay Area Community Church (BACC) has been making passionate, maturing followers of Jesus in the Annapolis area and beyond for 30+ years. The church believes that a critical part of its mission is to raise up the next generation
of young people to be fully contributing partners in the mission of the local church. BACC’s desires to build a ministry that engages college aged people, reach out to students at Anne Arundel Community College (and other local students), and fully incorporates
them into the life of the local church at BACC.
- Maintain a consistent presence on AACC’s campus, and carry out regular relational contact work. At least 50% of the week should be dedicated to contact work, outreach, and relationship development with AACC students on campus.
- Regularly mentor student leaders, equipping and empowering them to lead in discipleship, evangelism, and leadership on their campus and in their community.
- Help integrate students into established BACC missional communities, as well as other serving and ministry opportunities.
- Multiply Missional Communities for college students, as well as multiply MC leaders that serve college MCs. Be able to raise up and oversee 5-7 college MCs in conjuction with BACC’s MC leadership development guidelines.
- Work with others to develop and implement a plan to create college-specific Learning Communities (small group - Sunday mornings).
- Work to instill in students a Christian Worldview, so they can integrate their faith with their academics and develop a vision for mission both locally and globally.
- Work with others to help BACC high school students transition well to college, maintaining contact with students, and helping them to reintegrate back into the life of the church when they return from school.
- Communicate regularly the faithfulness and fruitfulness of ministry with the church leaders, congregation, and supporters through appropriate means.
- Help students get connected to short-term mission or other transformational opportunities during spring break and/or summer break and other service projects in the local community.
- Attend weekly BACC staff meetings and BASM team meetings.
- Offer yearly special events as needed/directed (retreats, campus, conferences, etc.)
- The ability to think big and cast vision
- Desire to work within a large non-denominational church community.
- A commitment to see college/young adults fully integrated into the life and work of the church.
- The willingness to take risks and allow students to take risks.
- A commitment to unity in the body of Christ among other ministries.
- Ability to recruit, motivate, empower, and equip others for leadership in ministry.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A team player, but someone who can take initiative with guided direction.
- Spiritually mature: models the lifestyle of a passionate, maturing follower of Jesus
- Enthusiastically embraces God’s vision for Bay Area Student Ministry
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to work flexible hours. Must be able to work evenings/weekend as needed
- Reliable, hard worker who multitasks well
- Self-starter who shows initiative and innovation skills
- Ability to prioritize and to be flexible as projects and their importance shift
- Team player who works well with various personalities and has consistent positive influence within the BASM Team
- Teachable and approachable
- Has a heart for Students - middle, high and college.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS DESIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required; seminary helpful but not required.
- 2-3 years of experience in related field preferred
- Significant experience leading and developing volunteers including recruiting, training and equipping
- Familiarity with student ministry helpful
- Must possess strong evangelism gift set; must be willing to engage college students on a consistent basis who are far from Christ; must be energized by stepping outside of one’s comfort zone to relationally engage college students from all over the spiritual
- Highly organized; self-starter; self-motivator; initiator