Position: Pastor of Middle School Ministry (Grades 5-8)
Reports to: Pastor of Student Ministry
Salary: Based on education, experience, level of responsibility and job performance.
Purpose: To shepherd and lead middle school students and their families in cooperation with the mission, vision, and values of Old North Church.
- Committed to personal discipleship - growth toward Christian maturity in conviction, character, and competency through deepening relationships with God’s word and God’s people
- Evidence of the experience, skills, and giftedness which provide the basis for successfully achieving the purpose of the position
- Strongly supports the mission, vision, values, and leadership of Old North Church
- Evidence of workplace habits in prior employment demonstrating:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and interdependently
- Ability to initiate and implement a plan of action
- Faithful steward in use of time and resources
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and training in youth ministry or a related field. Seminary training and degree advantageous.
- Demonstrates giftedness in the ministry of expository preaching and teaching.
- Provide Biblical leadership to the Middle School Ministry at Old North.
- Serve as the primary Bible teacher in current and future ministry venues.
- Spend quality time shepherding our students and their families.
- Develop strategies and programs that connect students with Christ.
- Provide venues for Christian community and gospel growth.
- Recruit, train, and disciple the ministry team, volunteers, lay leaders, and teachers.
- Ensure the safety of students by thoroughly screening and vetting leaders.
- Communicate ministry strategies and programs to staff, volunteers, students, and parents.
- Run key programs and events including but not limited to: Sunday Mornings, Midweek Youth Group, Special Events (Mission Impossible, Summer Outreach, etc.).
- Organize and lead high school outreach and missions work.
- Serve as the point person for Middle School Ministry in relationship to Old North’s other primary ministry departments.
- Work in close proximity and cooperation with Children’s and High School Ministries respectively, ensuring smooth transitions for our families.
- Prepare and manage the Middle School Ministry budget in cooperation with the Pastor High School Ministry and Executive Pastor.
- Perform other general pastoral functions such as: hospital visitation, pastoral counseling, church assimilation, corporate worship leadership, weddings, funerals, etc.
Please send your interest and resume to Chris Drombetta, Executive Pastor at email@example.com. Visit www.oldnorthchurch.org
for more information about our church family.