CREEKSIDE UMC STUDENT MINISTER
Creekside United Methodist Church located in Cumming, Georgia is searching for a full time Student Minister. This person will lead the church’s student ministry (grades 6 – 12) in keeping with our mission to be a faithful community of disciples who serve
as the heart, hands and feet of Christ so that all people come to know the love of God.
- This is an exempt, management level full time ministry staff position, accountable to the Executive Pastor and the Staff Parish Relations (SPR) Team.
- Workweek schedule will allow for some flexibility and should be set up with the Executive Pastor. There will be weekly Sunday morning responsibilities and weekly Wednesday evening responsibilities when in session.
- There will be opportunities for continuing education and vacation time. They are detailed in the employee handbook.
- A vital personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a commitment to a Christian lifestyle.
- Alignment with the beliefs and practices of the United Methodist Church.
- The ability to work effectively in team situations, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including openness, integrity and honesty in relationships.
- Willingness to fully support the leadership direction of Creekside UMC.
- Five years of relevant experience in delivering a successful Student Ministry program preferred.
- A passion for youth and their families and the ability to clearly communicate with both.
- Proficient in technology and social media.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with a preference toward a field related to youth.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Lead and foster a growing dynamic, and inclusive student ministry for Middle and High School students that builds relationships with Christ.
- Foster relationships with parents in order to build Christ centered relationships with students.
- Coordinate and provide spiritual growth opportunities for students through worship, Bible studies, and small groups.
- Develop programming to support partnerships with parents, students and leaders.
- Recruiting, training and supporting a strong team of adult volunteers for weekly services and special events.
- Oversee year-round Sunday school for grades 6-12, including teacher recruitment, ordering curriculum and resource materials, and being available on Sunday morning to help as needed.
- Collaborate with pastoral staff on the Confirmation process.
- Plan and provide leadership for special events that occur throughout the year: mission experiences, retreats, graduation recognition, fall/summer kickoffs, etc.
- Prepare and maintain the Student Ministries portion of the church budget.
- Lead and oversee student communications staff and strategies, such as website, social media, text alerts, mail, etc.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Ensure compliance with all requirements of the Safe Sanctuaries Policy.
- Continually evaluate the effectiveness of all student ministry areas.
- Engage in professional development and training opportunities to support the functions of Student Ministries.
- Other duties as assigned by pastoral staff.
- Full Time Position - $50,000 - $60,000