DC Church is searching for a Part-Time Children’s Ministry Coordinator who is a creative, talented, and hard-working team player to join our Children’s Ministry staff. This leader must be “the face of the children’s ministry” for our West Portsmouth Campus.
The Coordinator will work closely with the Campus Pastor and Children’s Director (who oversees both the Deep Creek and West Portsmouth Campuses) on aligning the children’s ministry for both campuses.
- Collaborate with the Deep Creek Campus, Children’s Ministry Director and staff in order to align the Children’s Ministry.
- Recruit, train and equip leaders who serve in Children’s Ministry at our West Portsmouth Campus.
- Manage the scheduling of volunteers and have the ability to lead a volunteer team.
- Leverage the Orange Curriculum to impact the hearts of our children and partner with parents.
- Plan, organize, recruit and train volunteers for Vacation Bible School.
- Plan, organize, and recruit volunteers for Harvest Festival.
- Lead a volunteer team for Wednesday Night KidzClub during the school year.
- Prepare and lead family dedication (2 times a year).
- Help and encourage new families to participate in the children’s ministry and Connect Groups.
- Consistently work on sharing the vision of DC Kids to the West Portsmouth Campus.
- Add value to every task assigned and meetings attended.
- Assist other staff in tasks/ministries as able and/or assigned
- Be early/on time to the office, all meetings, and other scheduled activities-as well as stay for the duration of the event.
- Be fully committed to personal, professional, and spiritual growth.
- Be organized, efficient, committed to time maximization, and managing responsibilities.
- Complete assigned tasks by deadline.
- Do what is best for the mission of DC Church, at all times.
- Pray daily for direct reports, volunteer team members, and the staff
- Work while at work (be focused, not working on personal tasks, etc.)
- Strong people and management skills
- Team building
- Bible knowledge
- Trustworthiness and confidentiality
- Proficient in basic computer programs
- Excellent communications, both written and verbal
- Positive attitude
Education and Experience
- Preferably a degree in a related field
- 1-5 years experience in Children’s Ministry
- Sundays (4.5 hours)
- Wednesday Night Activities (2 hours)
- Campus Prep (3 hours)
- Working set schedule at DC Campus Monday- Thursday (10.5 hours)
- Ability to work extra paid hours during the week(s) prior and during VBS