Job Title: Programming Director
Status: Salaried Full-Time Position
Department: Creative Team
Reports To: Creative Pastor
The Programming Director will work under the supervision of the Creative Pastor to tell the story of Jesus’ love, and promote OCC’s purposes (Love God, Love People, Serve the World) in creative and relevant ways, and work in a way to help ministries “win”
as they serve the people of OCC and local community. There are two key areas of responsibility for this role:
Service Programming and Design Projects.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Service Programming: responsible for management, creation and content of elements for Sunday services and other signature services (Good Friday & Christmas Eve, etc). This includes:Programming & Preparation: leading up to services/events
Print: designing different media such as handouts/posters
Multimedia Graphics: service & message content
Production Role: in execution of services/events
Design Projects: graphic design projects for OCC ministries including print, digital, web and some stage elements. Potential for video editing projects based on candidate. Part of core team for message/sermon communication, consulting with
church staff on design/production needs.
Miscellaneous Tasks: supporting the diverse role the Creative Team plays at OCC as they coordinate projects, services and support the ministries and mission of OCC.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES:
• A minimum of 2 years educational, vocational or ministry experience
• Advanced computer proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign)• Prefer experience in Adobe After Effects and video editing programs (Final Cut Pro/Adobe Premiere)
• Must possess a keen design sense and the ability to quickly and effectively produce visual solutions while maintaining the integrity of the OCC brand
• Ability to learn and work within a web-based Content Management System for occ.org• Works well with others and within a team
• Possess strong oral and written communications skills
• Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and maintain composure under pressure
• Self-starter, requiring minimal supervision
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
• Salary negotiable and commensurate with experience and qualifications
• Medical, dental and vision coverage with life and disability insurance• Paid vacation, sick, and holidays
The successful candidate for the position of Programming Director will possess the following qualities:
• Possess a strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a lifestyle that reflects it
• A hard worker who is driven by results
• An ability to discern needs and respond appropriately, sensitively and proactively
• A high degree of professionalism
• Will complete the church’s Rooted Membership Class upon employment
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• As a staff person Overlake Christian Church, the Programming Director agrees to abide by all the provisions of the Employee Handbook.
• The Church reserves the right, at any time, with or without notice, to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job positions, or assign additional job responsibilities.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
• May require a flexible work schedule as changes in ministry occur.
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds.