The Kid's Ministry Pastor/Director is responsible for visioning, planning, and implementing the comprehensive ministry for children (age’s birth through 5th grade), and ministry to their parents. He/she will work in concert with the Pastoral staff and be
available for “pitching in with the team” as needed for greater impact of the entire church.
- Strategize/implement a plan that engages kids in our mission and values.
- Equip/Lead the KMT (Kid’s Ministry Team).
- Develop and maintain a resource center for volunteer teachers, parents, and staff, as well as overseeing the curriculum research and decisions.
- Create training opportunities for parents to disciple children in the home, encouraging parents to mentor their children on their spiritual journey.
- Help to facilitate and/or participate in caregiving, counseling, and referral.
- Develop and implement communication processes to kids and parents.
- Recruit, equip, and evaluate volunteer teams.
- Oversee Sunday morning and Wednesday night AWANA programming.
- Solid Visionary Leadership: Have a demonstrated track record of successful equipping of leaders. Be a visionary who grasps where we must go, and a strategizer/leader able to transform a vision into reality while being a team player, “bringing
- Missional: A balanced commitment to both evangelism and discipleship.
- People Person: Have strong relational skills, with all age levels of ministry area with an ability to draw kids and parents, as well as a, being a magnet for potential leaders. Have a love of children, teaching, and leading. Have a desire
and background to equip parents for raising their kids to follow Jesus and strengthen their marriage. Have a kids/family mentality. Carry the ability to raise up and develop teams to “give away” effective ministry.
- Systems Developer: Have the ability to not just be visionary but able to develop strategy and systems to accomplish the vision.
- Recruit, hire and evaluate paid nursery staff and summer interns.
- Supervise Kid’s Administrative Assistant, Nursery Coordinator, and Kid’s Event Coordinator.
We expect all staff to commit to the following “Leadership DNA”:
- Character counts. The most important thing in leadership is personal integrity.
- Be spiritually strong. In order for leaders to withstand the temptations and trials of life, there must be a daily commitment to prayer, personal Bible reading, and accountability to other Christians.
- Start with a “yes”. Organizations move ahead most freely when people have a positive attitude and extend, as much as possible, a “yes” posture to requests and new strategic ideas for ministry that line up within our mission and anchor points.
- Be nice. People usually want to follow humble, gracious, and encouraging leaders. So be that kind of leader.
- A commitment to evangelism and discipleship. Leaders must model and teach a balanced commitment to both evangelism and discipleship. For evangelism, leaders must model the 3 steps of 1) prayer for the lost, 2) cultivation of relationships,
and 3) a verbal witness.
- A commitment to excellence. While God uses us even in our weakness, the Gospel demands we give our very best and seek excellence in every area of our ministry.
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org