I. Purpose of the Job:
To lead and oversee the entire Students ministry for Junior and Senior High students
II. General Qualifications
- Proven success in student ministry
- Joyful, pleasant and optimistic outlook
- Stable, steady and faithful character
- Relational style of leadership
- Teachable spirit
- Visionary leader and self-starter.
- Meets the scriptural qualifications for spiritual leadership. (1 Timothy 3, Titus 2)
III. Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Plan and prepare for all student teaching, preaching and training.
- Recruit, train and build a team of leaders.
- Create systems for regular contact and consistent follow-up with students and parents.
- Develop a ministry to parents and engage them in student ministry support and assistance.
- Coordinate and plan overall schedule for student events, trips, retreats and outreach opportunities.
- Coordinate and ensure students are engaged in small group ministry.
- Incorporate Lakeshore’s mission, vision, and values into the student ministry.
- Provide pastoral care, counsel and follow-up to students and their families.
- Support students through campus outreach and activities.
- Develop and steward annual student ministry budget.
- Connect students to growth track, dream team, worship experiences, and leadership opportunities.
- Maintain an active and relevant presence on social media in keeping with Lakeshore’s values.
- Actively following up with every student that fills out a connection card.
- Oversight for set-up and tear down for student services and events.
IV. Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other pastoral duties such as may be required.
- Love for God
- Love for People
- Work Ethic that is excellent, protective and frugal with time and money
- Attitude of a servant, enjoyable to be with and devoted to the call of God and the Church
VI. Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Students Administrative Assistant
- LS Students Dream Team
- LS Worship Team
- Students Small Group Leaders