Covenant Church, Shepherdstown WV seeks a full-time Executive Pastor. Covenant is located within the tri-state region, currently drawing attendees and members from West Virginia, Maryland, and northern Virginia. The Lead Pastor is in his third year of leadership.
The church has experienced 25% growth in attendance, and 10% growth in financial support over the past two years. We seek a godly, spiritually mature, competent shepherd and administrator for our staff who has demonstrated experience in personnel management,
organizational leadership, and strategic planning that leads to scalable growth. The successful candidate will possess a broad range of administrative skills, fit well within the unique culture of Covenant Church, and be able to execute the vision of the Lead
Pastor by the effective leveraging of fiduciary and human resources. Ethnic minority candidates who meet the aforementioned qualifications are encouraged to apply.
1. Support the Lead Pastor in accomplishment of the church’s mission through ministry effectiveness evaluation, discernment, decision-making, planning, and overall direction of church staff.
2. Lead the ministry staff in the establishment and ongoing direction of ministries that ensure successful execution of the overall mission.
3. Ensure the operational readiness of the church through leadership and oversight of the support staff, performing duties in administration, finance, and human resources.
4. Facilitate the annual strategic planning process, including the evaluation of ministry performance via the development of key objectives and tactics, and the establishment of goals.
5. Establish and maintain a set of key performance measures that provide the Lead Pastor and staff with ongoing visibility of the effectiveness of all functional areas of the church.
6. Work with the Executive Team to develop annual financial plans that fund the accomplishment of the strategic plan and which meet critical financial objectives.
7. Champion the development of infrastructure by all ministry and support areas that support the healthy, long-term growth of the church.
8. Other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor
A more detailed job description will be shared with candidates selected for interviews.
Interested parties should send a resume with cover letter to email@example.com