Overall Responsibility: Lead, supervise, and implement the Friday night and Sunday morning ministry to middle school youths (6th grade to 8th grade). Work with the Youth Pastor, Parent Leadership Team as they support the youth group and
help plan activities and give feedback. Walk alongside and disciple junior high students and help them build community with each other.
Junior High Pastor Job Description:
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ, Devotion to God and love for His Word
- Previous experience with youth (Jr. high and or Sr. high) in a formal and or informal setting
- A teachable spirit
- Skills of leadership, organization, and time management
- Prior teaching experience (volunteer or paid) preferred
- Able to communicate and work with parents of students
- Partner with High School pastor and High school youth group
- Committed to and doctrinally aligned with the Vision, Mission and Values of CrossWay
- Plan and implement the Sunday morning (LIGHT) and Friday night (SALT). Friday nights are typically combined events with the High School and thus are planned together with the High School Pastor.
- Supervision, support, and scheduling of program with Youth Parent Leadership Team.
- Assist High School Pastor in joint and separate activities—i.e. retreats, lock-ins, monthly activities.
- Develop nurturing relationships with the Junior High students and their families.
- Communicate clearly with parents. This typically involves a weekly email.
- Work with other staff personnel on effective outreach and communication strategies.
- Participate in the regular functions and services of the church.
Education & Experience requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College in Christian Education or Youth Ministry or working toward this. You must have at least two years of youth pastor experience in a church successfully leading a youth group of 25+ students.
Compensation: Depends on education and experience.