Key qualities needed: A whole-hearted love for God, a love for students, ability to relate well to students, flexibility, able to teach and disciple students, able to work well with adult volunteers, parents, and student leaders to plan,
implement and debrief activities and programs (CW Youth is 90 percent Asian-American and has 30 middle and high school students).
Youth Pastor Job Description:
- A calling for Youth ministry, devotion to God and a love for His Word.
- Be able to teach the scriptures to young people and mentor them in the Christian faith.
- Be hardworking and self-motivated possessing gifted leadership and communication skills
- Disciplined, innovative, creative, and organized
- A learner (someone who seeks constant improvement and is open to feedback)
- Able to develop a team-oriented culture through training, mentoring, and teaching volunteers/Parents of Youth Core Team
- Committed to and doctrinally aligned with the Vision, Mission and Values of CW
- Organize and facilitate youth services (Friday night SALT and Sunday morning LIGHT), plan and implement monthly community building and/or outreach activities.
- Supervise and partner with the Junior High Pastor and build a team of dedicated volunteers to help you grow CW’s youth ministry.
- Oversee a youth leadership/discipleship program.
- Actively shepherd (lead, feed, protect and correct) students in relational ministry.
- Plan Youth Program in conjunction with larger all church events (i.e. Christmas Party, Good Friday service, Annual All Church Retreat, etc.)
- Work with other staff personnel on effective outreach and communication strategies.
- Participate in the regular functions and services of the church.
Education & Experience requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College in Christian Education or Youth Ministry. You must have at least two years of youth pastor experience in a church successfully leading a youth group of 25+ students.
Compensation: Depends on education and experience.