City Soul Ministries is seeking a worship leader possessing the necessary interpersonal and leadership skills to motivate believers through worship. We seek a candidate who is energetic, has a passion for Jesus, and the ability to share that passion with
the congregation through worship. This person must possess strong musical leadership skills, a broad knowledge of contemporary Christian music, and the ability to connect with the congregation. This position will be responsible for coordinating, directing
and leading the praise and worship team vocally and instrumentally each week. They must demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Bible, especially as it applies to worship; strong leadership skills; pastoral heart and love for people; ability to lead
a team of volunteers and work effectively with staff and leadership teams.
All Applicants, please attach an audition video of you singing and playing a worship song and send it along with your resume to email@example.com.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead worship at City Soul Ministries while maintaining an atmosphere of developing and mentoring other worship volunteers
- Provide oversight to Volunteer Ministry Leaders (Band, Vocals, & Tech)
- Lead weekly rehearsals & Sunday run thru
- Administrative duties involved in weekly Ministry responsibilities
Candidate will ideally possess the following Qualities:
- Ability to thrive in a Team Leadership Model
- Exhibit Strong Communication Skills
- Exercise creative thinking and ability to engage in creative brainstorming and planning both in a team setting and on your own projects
- Exhibit strong administrative skills
- Prior worship leading experience
- Exceptional Vocal Ability
- Exhibit a strong music understanding and ability to instruct others
- Demonstrate a cultural sensitivity within our church and community
- Provide insight into emerging trends in worship music in the church
- Proficient in Propresenter and knowledgeable of sound equipment and mixing sound.
- Established worship leading skills as a musician and vocalist, displaying a confident grasp of voice, guitar and/or piano, and effective stage presence.
- Must be able to effectively schedule, organize, and coordinate worship team rehearsals for multiple services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary worship leader for worship services (75-80% of the time).
- Recruit, develop, coach, and pastor upcoming worship team volunteers.
- Oversee the scheduling, rehearsals, and communication with volunteer musicians/vocalists for weekly services. This includes weekly rehearsals.
- Oversee worship service tech teams (lights, sound, video).
- Participate in the Creative Team oversight of worship services and special services (Christmas Eve, Good Friday, etc.) production.
- Nurture a Christ-centered worship culture at City Soul Ministries.