|Purpose of Position
The Pastor of Small Groups will provide leadership for adult small groups at Church at Viera. He/She will do that through 1) shepherding, encouraging, and equipping small group ministry, 2) mentoring adult community groups and connect environments, and 3)
championing the cause of community at CAV.
Small Group Ministry Team Development-
- Meets one-on-one with and personally shepherds adult small group ministry team.
- Develops a vision for small group ministry at CAV and executes that vision through the team.
- Oversees development and monitors health of all adult small group ministry environments.
Small Group Ministry Volunteer Development-
- Meets one-on-one with and personally shepherds adult small group coaches and leaders.
- Oversees development and execution of training opportunities for existing and new adult small groups.
Small Group Leader Recruitment-
- Works with small group ministry staff to recruit small group leaders
- Guides small group ministry leaders in how to facilitate their small groups as well as monitor the health, effectiveness, and duration of individual groups
Small Group Multiplication-
- Interviews new small group leaders and assists in pairing apprentice leaders with existing ones
- Keeps a pulse on amount of adult small groups and progress
Small Group Assimilation-
- Remains visible to adult small group environments by participating in occasional gatherings
- Creates and implements a strategy for CAV environments to more effectively connect adults into small groups
- Leads staff in smooth execution of GroUp event and groups fair
- Provides pastoral support for CAV
- Oversees small group ministry budget
- Inspires adults at CAV towards full engagement (Connect, Impact, Express)
Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university preferred
Master’s degree preferred
Experience in a large church (1,000 or more) as a staff or lay ministry member and serving in a leadership capacity.
- Ability to lead a team toward a common goal
- Ability to think critically and systematically to identify roadblocks to achieving ministry vision and objectives
- Ability to identify, equip, deploy, and coach new leaders
- Ability to tactfully interact with a diverse group of people to mediate conflict and approach sensitive issues with a Christ-like manner
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a Christian and fully support the philosophy of the Church at Viera and its leadership team
- Must maintain a lifestyle that aligns with the principles outlined in the Bible
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Must be intrinsically motivated; able to work independently and accomplish tasks with minimal direction
- Ability to coordinate volunteers effectively
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org